Turn on thread page Beta

Makin a "Tape" watch

ReputationRep:
    1) Louis XIV - God Killed the Queen (took your suggestion and made it first - works very well)
    2) Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God (sounds really good in between Louis XIV and the Libertines)
    3) The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now (older than six months, I know)
    4) Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum (my favorite song of the album - barely )
    5) Prosaics - Teeth (older than six months - but no one's ever heard them, so it doesn't really matter)
    6) The Music - Cessation (besides being a great song, it's a perfect compliment to Teeth by Prosaics)
    7) Bloc Party - Banquet (slows it down a bit - very relaxing)
    8) Pitty Sing - Hanging on Me (Verses sound like the Cure; chorus sounds like Pitty sing)
    9) Kings of Leon - King of the Rodeo (I had this song downloaded but I hadn't listened to it - much better than The Bucket)
    10) Spoon - I Turn My Camera On (Great change of pace)
    11) Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure (Took your advice and listened to them... wow! This song is insanely good. Their other stuff is cool, too, but not like this one)
    12) The Music - Breakin' (Yes, I'm breakin' the mix tape rules, but the song fits well.)
    13) Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful (I Put a Spell On You) (One of the few slow songs on the album )
    14) The Subways - Oh Yeah (Great suggestion! Works really well with the compilation)
    15) Moving Units - Between Us & Them (Reminds me of a beach in West Crete )
    16) Imogen Heap - Goodnight and Go (Reminds me a lot of Frou Frou )
    17) The Departure - Dirty Words (Every time I saw a really hott chick in Greece, I'd play this song after they left. It's been played 48 times in the last three weeks, and it reminds me of hott chicks )
    18) Spoon - The Way We Get By (I broke the rule again, but it was totally worth it)
    19) Tom Vek - Aint Saying My Goodbyes (Perfect ending - do you get it? "I Aint Saying My Goodbyes")'
    YAY! The ones in bold I suggested! I'm quite proud of myself, lol. :p:

Truly is a great compilation - I love all of the stuff you already had. Especially Louis XIV - great band! And Spoon - bloody love them!

Fantastic CD. And I'm glad I could help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikdboy)
    Okay... I've finished the rough draft CD .

Here it is:

1) Louis XIV - God Killed the Queen (took your suggestion and made it first - works very well)
    2) Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God (sounds really good in between Louis XIV and the Libertines)
    3) The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now (older than six months, I know)
    4) Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum (my favorite song of the album - barely )
    5) Prosaics - Teeth (older than six months - but no one's ever heard them, so it doesn't really matter)
    6) The Music - Cessation (besides being a great song, it's a perfect compliment to Teeth by Prosaics)
    7) Bloc Party - Banquet (slows it down a bit - very relaxing)
    8) Pitty Sing - Hanging on Me (Verses sound like the Cure; chorus sounds like Pitty sing)
    9) Kings of Leon - King of the Rodeo (I had this song downloaded but I hadn't listened to it - much better than The Bucket)
    10) Spoon - I Turn My Camera On (Great change of pace)
    11) Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure (Took your advice and listened to them... wow! This song is insanely good. Their other stuff is cool, too, but not like this one)
    12) The Music - Breakin' (Yes, I'm breakin' the mix tape rules, but the song fits well.)
    13) Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful (I Put a Spell On You) (One of the few slow songs on the album )
    14) The Subways - Oh Yeah (Great suggestion! Works really well with the compilation)
    15) Moving Units - Between Us & Them (Reminds me of a beach in West Crete )
    16) Imogen Heap - Goodnight and Go (Reminds me a lot of Frou Frou )
    17) The Departure - Dirty Words (Every time I saw a really hott chick in Greece, I'd play this song after they left. It's been played 48 times in the last three weeks, and it reminds me of hott chicks )
    18) Spoon - The Way We Get By (I broke the rule again, but it was totally worth it)
    19) Tom Vek - Aint Saying My Goodbyes (Perfect ending - do you get it? "I Aint Saying My Goodbyes")'

(I listened to the entire CD in the length that it took me to write this post )
    I'd swap Banquet for something like Helicopter or She's Hearing Voices (amazing drums on that song) or if you're looking for something slower, 'This Modern Love' is great....

I'd also put 4 Kicks in there instead of King of The Rodeo...

ReputationRep:
    I'd swap Banquet for something like Helicopter or She's Hearing Voices (amazing drums on that song) or if you're looking for something slower, 'This Modern Love' is great....
    I said that before, but he's already dismissed the idea. "Banquet" goes better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I said that before, but he's already dismissed the idea. "Banquet" goes better.
    I'm a drummer and my favorite drum song is Luno (my warm up song :-) along with Engine Driver by Decemberists)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.