Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    i have read the info on the pill but i need some advice, last friday evening i has unprotected sex when i was drunk i am on the pill (dianette) the week before last i was ill with sickness and diarhoea so i didnt take the pill so my period came by tuesday it had stopped and i started taking the pill again i know its stupid but i think i took 2 on tuesday, 2 on wednesday and 1 on thurs and some on fri, when i had sex, i should have used a condom. after reading all that it says its 100% from the 1st day of ur period, but i dint take it then cuz i was ill so it would have been pointless, i have taken it since fri, i know this sounds sick but the guy i was with did *** but not in me (sorry 2 much info) however i have heard of precum and everything, i just duno wat 2 do do u think il b alrite? i duno what 2 do thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    i duno what i should do i could get the morning after pill but thats 25 but then i suppose it saves worrying

ReputationRep:
    U should be, but I'm no doctor. You should really get yourself checked out, explain the situation. Or even take a pregnancy test at home. There's a new one out that can detect a pregnancy from the very first stages of conception. I'm sure you will of been protected enough, but you won't sleep easier on my knowledge. Get it confirmed by someone or something that you can trust. Let me know how it goes - I hope you're in the clear!!!

ReputationRep:
    you have 3 days to get the morning after pill from the time of possible conception.
    Im not too sure about the pre-***.
    ALWAYS USE A CONDOM!

ReputationRep:
    actually, if you got the pill tomorrow, you should be ok. Isn't it a maximum of 3 days after intercourse you can take it? Not 100% on that, my friend took one 3 days after, so you'll be alright!!

ReputationRep:
    yea i heard its 72 hours i know it costs £25 from chemist what do i do? just go into chemist n say please can i have the morning after pill? thats gona b embarassin! im an idiot for not using condom, i know he never came or anything def not inside me but stil im worried, just cuz of me bein ill and not takin the pill then but i had bin taking it proply since tues n it happend fri.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giftofgab2k)
    actually, if you got the pill tomorrow, you should be ok. Isn't it a maximum of 3 days after intercourse you can take it? Not 100% on that, my friend took one 3 days after, so you'll be alright!!
    The effectiveness sharply declines throughout those days, so if your friend took hers after 3 days, it's possible that she wouldn't have gotten pregant anyway, that or she was very lucky!

ReputationRep:
    You do have 3 days. You have 5 days to get a coil fitted though. Go to a clinic, then you won't have to pay for the morning after pill. You were at low risk anyway because you had just finished your period. This is what the doctor told me, when I was in the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    i dont thuink it was a propa period it was only 3 days it only came as i wasnt taking the pill due to my sickness, there is a clinic in town i think but iv gotta find sum1 2 go with me as im nt 2 sure about it.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been on the pill for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    The effectiveness sharply declines throughout those days, so if your friend took hers after 3 days, it's possible that she wouldn't have gotten pregant anyway, that or she was very lucky!
    she was very stupid I'll tell u dat!!! The only reason she went 4 da mornin after pill was cuz she was drunk and couldn't remember if she used a condom or not! the bloke she slept with said they didnt but I guess we'll never know!!

Anyway, U shud go 2 a clinic rather than the chemist - they're really friendly and will give it to you for no charge.

ReputationRep:
    yea i hope they r open, ive been on the pill since about march

ReputationRep:
    Clinics are extremely friendly and they'll give you loads of free condoms for next time.

If you are ill again, don't stop taking the pill. It won't work if you have sickness or diarhoea, but it means you haven't missed one, which would mean you have to use extra protection for the next 7 days, and it means you're period wont start.

The clinic is there for a reason, so use it. If you need a friend to go with you, don't hesitate to ask them. Go there asap.

You probably are okay, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    You might have been ill because your pregnant already, before you had sex on fri.
    I dont wanna scare you tho

ReputationRep:
    no im sure about that lol, i think i had stomach bug as ive only had sex twice in life n the 1st time i used condom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    You probably are okay, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
    I agree. All of the things you have said suggest a very small chance of pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks for your help, il try n go down the clinic tomo, do u reckon they will give me the mornig after pill? do u think that shud def stop anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    ok thanks for your help, il try n go down the clinic tomo, do u reckon they will give me the mornig after pill? do u think that shud def stop anything?
    They will give you it, probably a load of leaflets too. The chance of it working is decreased on the 3rd day. But don't worry too much about it. If you are still unsure, buy a pack of two pregnancy test and take one, then keep the other just in case it happens again - saves money. =)

ReputationRep:
    thanks i hope im ok

ReputationRep:
    let us know how you get on

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.