Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    yea i heard its 72 hours i know it costs £25 from chemist what do i do? just go into chemist n say please can i have the morning after pill? thats gona b embarassin! im an idiot for not using condom, i know he never came or anything def not inside me but stil im worried, just cuz of me bein ill and not takin the pill then but i had bin taking it proply since tues n it happend fri.
    If you arent confident enough to ask for the morning after pill, then perhaps you should reevaluate your resdiness for a sexual relationship?

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    i have read the info on the pill but i need some advice, last friday evening i has unprotected sex when i was drunk i am on the pill (dianette) the week before last i was ill with sickness and diarhoea so i didnt take the pill so my period came by tuesday it had stopped and i started taking the pill again i know its stupid but i think i took 2 on tuesday, 2 on wednesday and 1 on thurs and some on fri, when i had sex, i should have used a condom. after reading all that it says its 100% from the 1st day of ur period, but i dint take it then cuz i was ill so it would have been pointless, i have taken it since fri, i know this sounds sick but the guy i was with did *** but not in me (sorry 2 much info) however i have heard of precum and everything, i just duno wat 2 do do u think il b alrite? i duno what 2 do thanks xx
    Take the morning after pill.

Then read the pamphlet that came with your pill. Why on earth would you take two for a few days?! If you miss a pill, either by forgetting or because you are ill, take the next one immediately and use back up for 7 days. if it is in the last week of pills go straight on to the next pack.

If you are sick, or have diarroeah and can't take it for more than a day, go to the chemist for advice. You can take it PV (putting it in your vagina to dissolve) if you can't keep anything down, but talk to the chemist before attempting this.

The period you had was not a 'real' period, it was withdrawel bleeding, your body thought it was the week off of pills because you missed so many. You will have compromised your protection, there is a chance you could have ovulated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)

If you are ill again, don't stop taking the pill. It won't work if you have sickness or diarhoea, but it means you haven't missed one, which would mean you have to use extra protection for the next 7 days, and it means you're period wont start.
    How will it stop your period coming if it's not workiing? If you are sick before it is absorbed the pill will have no effect, and is the same as being "missed".

ReputationRep:
    I hope you have gone to get the Morning after pill as a precaution, it's better safe than sorry but you shouldn't have to resort to a quick fix afterwards. Ask for Levonelle at a Pharmacy if you can't bear a clinic/doctors..but you have to be able to do things like that and act responsibly if you are going to be having sex.

Severe sickness/diarhoea stops the pill working, they say if you are ill within 3 hours of taking your pill that stops the effectiveness the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    If you arent confident enough to ask for the morning after pill, then perhaps you should reevaluate your resdiness for a sexual relationship?
    Some people just aren't confident in that kind of situation. It doesn't mean they are immature and unready for sexual relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special Patrol)
    Some people just aren't confident in that kind of situation. It doesn't mean they are immature and unready for sexual relationships.
    yes it does. A sexual relationship requires maturity and responsibility. If you can't cope with dealing with the consequences, and hadn't prepared for it beforehand, you shouldn't put yourself in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    yes it does. A sexual relationship requires a maturity and responsibility. If you can't cope with dealing with the consequences, and hadn't prepared for it beforehand, you shouldn't put yourself in that situation.
    Could not have said it better myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    yes it does. A sexual relationship requires a maturity and responsibility. If you can't cope with dealing with the consequences, and hadn't prepared for it beforehand, you shouldn't put yourself in that situation.
    She's just embarrassed! Sure if she really doesn't do anything about it because of the embarrassment they yes, she probably isn't mature enough but all she expressed was embarrassment not complete refusal to face up to the situation. She never said "screw that, I'd rather get pregnant than ask for the morning after pill". Most people would be a little embarrassed to ask for the morning after pill, it's only natural with the way society makes sex so taboo and ridicules young women as being "sluts" if they accidently get pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special Patrol)
    She's just embarrassed! Sure if she really doesn't do anything about it because of the embarrassment they yes, she probably isn't mature enough but all she expressed was embarrassment not complete refusal to face up to the situation. She never said "screw that, I'd rather get pregnant than ask for the morning after pill". Most people would be a little embarrassed to ask for the morning after pill, it's only natural with the way society makes sex so taboo and ridicules young women as being "sluts" if they accidently get pregnant.
    it is now monday and this happened on friday, the window is getting smaller. I just think that this sort of thing should be considered before the event. and she didn't take the pill very responsibly in the first place.

But i agree, i hope she overcomes the embarassment and sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    hello, i am going to the clinic later, i just didnt see the point in taking them as i was very ill with food poisoning (thats what the dr thought) i was drunk n shud hav used protection, now im really worried hopefully the clinic will give me the morning after pill. i just read somewhere that u have imediate contraception after taking a pill, i prob took about 8/9 that week before i had sex on fri

ReputationRep:
    i would have gone earlier trust me but i had work all day sat, and was waiting for the walk in times at the clinic

ReputationRep:
    i feel so bad now and worried, i go on holiday weds and this is the last thing i need, i really hope the clinic can help do u think if i get the morning after pill il b ok?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    i feel so bad now and worried, i go on holiday weds and this is the last thing i need, i really hope the clinic can help do u think if i get the morning after pill il b ok?
    Work it out in hours. The morning after pill is only effective if you take it less than 72 hours afterwards. Or you can have a coil fitted up to 5 days later, but you will need to go and discuss that with a Dr/at the clinic.

ReputationRep:
    yea im goin to the clinic today it happened very early sat morn so i stil hav about 12 hours left but im going at 3 today, il c what they say is best, would the coil be painful? i would have it tho if i had 2.

ReputationRep:
    go to the clinic, sweetie, now. they will sort you out. they are trained and know what they are doing and will have dealt with hundreds of similar things! If they think it's too late for the morning after pill they may be able to fit a coil. but until you go, you won't know!

i just read somewhere that u have imediate contraception after taking a pill, i prob took about 8/9 that week before i had sex on fri
    This isn't true. you have immediate protection if you start - and continue - taking one pill a day from the first day of your period. you didn't. taking them in a short space of time doesn't improve contraception. go to the clinic, explain what you have said here and they will sort you out!

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much for your help and advice im going to the clinic this afternoon with my friend i hope shes got the opening times right!!

ReputationRep:
    i had a period on the 22nd of June for 3 days then it was on the 29th that i stopped taking the pill for a few days then on tues i started taking it again between saturday and tuesday i had withdrawal bleeding.

ReputationRep:
    how did it go chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    it was ok, they gave me levonelle, the dr said that i was at a higher effectiveness as i had taken about 7/8 dianette before and it takes 7 to put the womb to sleep apparently. i hope im ok. i would have got the coil but because it may have been painful and im going on holiday tomo i thought i best just take the pill as i cant talk to my parents about this and dont know what id do if i was in pain on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    it was ok, they gave me levonelle, the dr said that i was at a higher effectiveness as i had taken about 7/8 dianette before and it takes 7 to put the womb to sleep apparently. i hope im ok. i would have got the coil but becuase it may have been painful and im gojng on holiday tomo i thought i best just take the pill as i cant talk to my parents about this and dont know what id do if i was in pain on holiday.
    well done for going! Hope you have a nice holiday.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.