Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    as the title says.. how do extra subjects work?

if you take 7 ib subjects, will they take your best 6?

im currently taking chem HL and bio HL, and i have the option of finishing phys sl next year, if i so wish. I know that my marks for chem HL are not going to be that great, so if i take phys sl (where i can expect a 6 or so) will this replace my chem mark?

sorry if my writing is incoherent.. i have trouble writing on forums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiosyncratic)
    as the title says.. how do extra subjects work?

if you take 7 ib subjects, will they take your best 6?

im currently taking chem HL and bio HL, and i have the option of finishing phys sl next year, if i so wish. I know that my marks for chem HL are not going to be that great, so if i take phys sl (where i can expect a 6 or so) will this replace my chem mark?

sorry if my writing is incoherent.. i have trouble writing on forums
    no, they dont take the best six, you have to indicate which subject is in your diploma, and which one is an extra certificate. So put your best subject in your diploma.

ReputationRep:
    i dont see myself pursuing physics in university any more than im required to, but i expect to see chemistry often, will it be disadvantageous to take chem HL as certificate and physics sl as my diploma?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what grades are sent to University, whether for all subjects or only for the diploma subjects. As far as I know, the extra subject is not mentioned in the diploma itself, but you will get a seperate certificate for it. So if you're going for grades, taking your strongest subjects might be best (and you can always present your certificate alongside your diploma), but if you are going for having a diploma that will most reflect what you want to do, then choose a subject even if it might not give you full credit.
    I chose Spanish AB over Norwegian AB, even though I got a 7 in Norwegian and 6 in Spanish (and was predicted so before), because Norwegian will be of much less use to me than Spanish.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.