Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    since philippines is:i dont know what happen to the leaders...huh! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fireice)
    since philippines is:i dont know what happen to the leaders...huh! :confused:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    They're having some trouble aren't they..? Not much was said about it in the UK because of the London attacks, but something like the President was asked to resign, and then she told her parliament to resign?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds interesting. Didn't know anything about it. The country seems to be going to hell in a handbasket these days.

ReputationRep:
    This is the country that the President is being asked to resign, but she is refusing. Using some weird constitutional arguments on both sides, but I think that she told Parliament to resign. I'll have to look it up.

ReputationRep:
    She asked her cabinet to resign so that she could create a new cabinet to give the government a 'fresh start'. Funny how she's the one who appears to have committed electoral fraud yet its the cabinet who are supposed to resign.

ReputationRep:
    anybody here from the philippines????

anyway, yeah im from that country and I should say the government is pretty hellish. The previous president was removed(he stepped down) because of corruption issues... and now this new president of ours is told to have rigged the elections. However she stated in her confession that the call that she made to the commission of elections did not in any way affected the outcome of the tally. She's got a firm standpoint since the social weather station before the elections, said that she is going to win anyway.

And yeah, it was not 15 years ago when marcos(anybody heard of imelda marcos - women with lots o shoes) was ousted for having corrupted a lot of money, wellp which i think he really did.

And right now some cabinet members are planning to create a parliamentary government instead... which i doubt, but seems possible

ReputationRep:
    The government there... well what can I say, you've all summed up how bad it is already. I'm part filipino so this effects my family over there. I read somewhere on BBC news that they took her face off some bus or train ticket and put the face of a former president on it... which is quite significant I guess... I reckon it could get worse, I mean look at other countries and what happened when they tried to get rid of their leaders...
    And about Imelda Marcos... I love making the shoe jokes but most people my age don't even know who she is... ah well.

ReputationRep:
    Really sad to hear such news though.. once it was a country with booming economy, it even surpassed Japan in the late 1970's, its the complete opposite now lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.