Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    States the leaflets at the library...SO I returned some CDs a lil' late and I'm charged...Eh? But it says "NO OVERDUE CHARGES FOR UNDER 18S"...GAH. Money never lasts.

ReputationRep:
    get the leaflut and show them and complan say this is your posliy im under 18 so give me my mony back if they dont ask to speek to the manager

ReputationRep:
    Loan of CDs usualy carry seperate loaning conditions to books, this why you would have been charged.

ReputationRep:
    GWAR. I can't afford this. (I had a lot of CDs)

ReputationRep:
    They don't charge under 18's for books (well they did with me once, but that was a misunderstanding), but CD's, Videos, DVD's etc. they always charge for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    GWAR. I can't afford this. (I had a lot of CDs)
    Go up to the conuter crying and say that you're council house has been taken off you, you're dad is in rehab and your mum has emmigrated to spain, so you cant afford it. They might feel sorry for you and no fine you

ReputationRep:
    The moral of the story don't return things late

ReputationRep:
    I took some books back a few weeks ago, may have been a little overdue and I'm charged £7.80. Oh and yes I forgot to add, I'm only 17.

Lancashire County Council. Typical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    The moral of the story don't return things late
    Agreed, people you are borrowing these books for free, and cds for what 50p? £1?, a lot cheaper than buying them , and i bet a lot of people copy the CDS anyway, stop complaining about fines, chances are the fines are less than buying the actual books anyway,and if you returned things on time you wouldn't have payed a penny.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.