Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Vienna in '95

and she just stands there singing for money....la da dee, la doo dau

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by androidkiller)
    Mine is beacuse I like sci-fi so wanted a sci-fi hotmail address that included my real name.

However, I don't like my real name being shown so I just decided to use androidkiller beacuse it sounds cool.
    Lovely, however is it possible to kill an android? I mean it isn't alive to begin with is it? Or would you mean artificial intelligence and the saying 'cognito ergo sum'???

ReputationRep:
    Well what happened to the cyborg in Alien 1?
    If it runs out of its precious white liquid, I think it stops functioning.

Bishop in alien 2 is a better cyborg, he gets torn in 2 by the alien queen and white liquid goes everywhere. It is very lovely.

Vasquez in Alien 2 rocks. She is mexican in origin and kicks the crap out of all the men. She dies, haha another mexican revolutionarist dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    ...and the saying 'cognito ergo sum'???
    'Cognito'? As in the latin for 'conspicuous'? I think you mean 'cogito ergo sum'.

Anyway, with regards to the possibilty of killing artificial life: Deus ex machina...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    'Cognito'? As in the latin for 'conspicuous'? I think you mean 'cogito ergo sum'.

Anyway, with regards to the possibilty of killing artificial life: Deus ex machina...
    I'm not quite sure now to be honest. Though I always thought it was 'cognito' *shrugs* stranger things have happened. I think the saying is translated along the lines of 'I think, therefore I am' or something like that. <note to self> Learn latin.

knullus iligitimi carborundum :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm not quite sure now to be honest. Though I always thought it was 'cognito' *shrugs* stranger things have happened. I think the saying is translated along the lines of 'I think, therefore I am' or something like that. <note to self> Learn latin.

knullus iligitimi carborundum :P
    Ah, nolite te *******es carborundum.

'I think therefore I am' was originally devised by French philosopher Rene Decartes in the 16th century. 'Cogito ergo sum' is the latin translation.

ReputationRep:
    its my nickname or alternatively sammikins or wham bam strawberry spam!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, nolite te *******es carborundum.

'I think therefore I am' was originally devised by French philosopher Rene Decartes in the 16th century. 'Cogito ergo sum' is the latin translation.
    Very impressive Mr White. You're making me wish to learn latin again, even though I found that class to be best spent outside away from the classroom. (and the teacher) have a bit of rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Very impressive Mr White. You're making me wish to learn latin again, even though I found that class to be best spent outside away from the classroom. (and the teacher) have a bit of rep.
    I've never been to a Latin lesson. I taught myself the language so I could read an old Latin original of Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to a Latin lesson. I taught myself the language so I could read an old Latin original of Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas.
    *chuckles* Well one has to wonder why you'd read Thomas Aquinas, but I'm amazed that you learnt just to read a book. I'm guessing for the pleasure of not losing any of the essence in possible translations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    *chuckles* Well one has to wonder why you'd read Thomas Aquinas, but I'm amazed that you learnt just to read a book. I'm guessing for the pleasure of not losing any of the essence in possible translations.
    My father collects a lot of old books in Latin, I like to read them - which is why I'm now fluent.

ReputationRep:
    My father collects a lot of old books in Latin, I like to read them - which is why I'm now fluent.
    Good stuff. Warfare was my fathers preference. Almost all the German I know is learnt from books about WW1 & WW2 and also the Prussian campaigns of the 18th, 19th centuries. Es kann nur einer siegen, und das bin ich! hehe. I do like that one.

ReputationRep:
    its from playing hockey astro as in astro-turf and styx is jus anotha way to spell sticks

ReputationRep:
    My name is Michael and the first website I made was about Gran Turismo 2, I called the site "Mike's GT2." The site no longer exists but I still use it as my username.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is pretty self-explanatory.

ReputationRep:
    Es kann nur einer siegen, und das bin ich = Only one can win, and I am that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Es kann nur einer siegen, und das bin ich = Only one can win, and I am that one.

Right I will give rep to the person that gives the closest reason why I'm 2776.
    It is the exact number of times that you've been insulted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)

Right I will give rep to the person that gives the closest reason why I'm 2776.
    It's your date of birth? 02/07/76

ReputationRep:
    because 2776 is the coolest number ever?

my name is corey because... oh you can figure it out!

ReputationRep:
    2776 is the amount of posts you want to get before you leave this forum...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.