Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have the chance to be heavily involved in a play at the edinburgh fringe festival. however, it would mean my whole summer is taken up being in edinburgh. i'd have to quit my part-time summer job, which i have only just started, and i'd miss loads of friends' birthdays and possibly the chance to go to italy for a few days, which i was planning on doing at some point in august.

i dunno what to do. i need to reply to the producer very soon, as rehearsals are gonna be starting in Cambridge next week. argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i have the chance to be heavily involved in a play at the edinburgh fringe festival. however, it would mean my whole summer is taken up being in edinburgh. i'd have to quit my part-time summer job, which i have only just started, and i'd miss loads of friends' birthdays and possibly the chance to go to italy for a few days, which i was planning on doing at some point in august.

i dunno what to do. i need to reply to the producer very soon, as rehearsals are gonna be starting in Cambridge next week. argh!
    Do it. you'll regret it if not. and there are other summers! and probably your friends will be working anyway will they not? and you could get them to come and watch you in edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    some mates of mine are doing the same thing and it sounds qutie cool! but if you've already got plans which you really don't want to miss, then i guess you can/should attend to them. but it might look more interesting to have a performance at the fringe festival under your belt.

ReputationRep:
    What's the play? It sounds like a brilliant opportunity, and you can always do other things (see friends, go to Italy) some other time, whereas this sounds more like a one-off thing.
    My brother's in the fringe

ReputationRep:
    i would do it. Make the most of opportunities you get otherwise you'll really regret them. This is assuming you have an interest in this sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    I agree, this seems like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity that you'll regret if you don't take it. However, if you've felt the need to ask a bunch of near-strangers their opinion, are you sure you actually want to do it at all?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.