Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    School has definitely been the best time of my life...
    Before you go to university it's all about "the freedom you will have"...you can party every night, not go to class and do lots of other things that you may not have been allowed to do so in school but it comes with added responsibilty...but then again, it's different for everybody!

ReputationRep:
    was definately a good time for me especially sixth form, was quality. just hoping uni will be even better days!

ReputationRep:
    I hated Primary school, we had a small class, and i was really quiet so i didn't make that many friends. Then all the people from my primary school became popular in secondary school except me. But i enjoyed year11 more, because i got closer to the four friends i met in y9 and i made another mate that i met this year. So i would say up till year11, it wasn't the best time of my life that much.Year11 was the best.

i am switching schools hoping to have a good end to school life

ReputationRep:
    I got bullied a lot when i was a kid up to the age of like 12 by my classmates and then i sort of separated from them cause i couldnt take it anymore. Luckily, i used to play football in my neighbourhood and there was one girl that i hung out with who was in the year above me. Slowly, slowly we got to be really good friends and i started hanging out with the people in the class above me. I absolutely love school now because i have really really good friends who are always there for me... But.. now they have left school and i have one more year left... On their last day, i was crying my eyes out cause they're all leaving and im going to be the school loner again. Eventhough i do get along with my classmates, i find them incredibly superficial cause all they talk about is going out, guys, who they're going to **** etc and im not particularly interested in all that..
    But up to now, im quite happy with my school days..we'll see what happens next year though..im absolutely dreading it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God86)
    You always hear this cliche bounded about but is it really true?

I guess you can answer this once you have been at school for a good few years but better if you've left.

For me, because of my attitude towards school (ie it was a place to learn but I made friends and had good times along the way), I had a good time but it could have been better.

Therefore I think (hope!) that I will have better times in my life than my school days - I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy them; I didnt get bullied or anything, but they served their purpose and hopefully the good qualifications it gave me will make for better times in the future.

Your views and why?
    In many ways yes, the best time of your life. Its the only time when you are free from daily pressures of life and have the opportunity to be around the variety of different people who are your age.

There is less pressure and certainly less economic pressure. From an academic point of view its much more structured - you have to do less for yourself which is great.

Of course uni is good too.. but as yet I havent found it as relaxing or well... fun... as school - that though is just my opinion

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.