Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what about all the traditions? dont they get annoying? I always think of it like harry potter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    I applied to Oxford the first time round. Not
    Whisper to Will: Give me McDonalds over KFC any day!
    Tsh! Grow some tastebuds* :p:

* Please note this comment does not reflect any belief that an Oxbridge education makes my opinion on fast food superior to anyone else. It's just a known fact. KFC > MacDonalds. Unless you're talking fat 'n' crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    what about all the traditions? dont they get annoying?
    feels a bit harry potter to start with.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand fried chicken. Eww. I just happen to have a rather unhealthy liking for cheeseburgers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    here's a prime example of prejudice. no wonder i live in the cambridge forum. you really have to go to cam to understand.
    thats true, cos only people from Cam understand these things... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But at least KFC isn't trying to make out that it's food is healthy.. personally I like a bit of fried chicken myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    i dont go to either but i've stayed over with mates at both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    ek:

how dare you. you are very f***ing rude :mad:

go sit on your b****cks and choke yourself to death.
    glad that you could reply politely there.

*cough* 'hypocrite'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    Thats absolute rubbish. First of al, if you had read the thread about the thalidomide case, you would see what I was on about. I was simply making a comparison between this girl's attitude and her narrow- mindedness on the subject. And plus, I'm on a gap year myself- why the hell would I want to diss other people doing the same? I think you're talking rubbish, you've conjured that out of thin air. Plus, I have friends who go to Cambridge- why would I have something against everyone who goes to Cambridge? Don't be so stupid and check your facts before you start mouthing off :mad:
    i wasn't talking about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    not really.... i dont go to either but i've stayed over with mates at both
    irony clearly lost on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    ah it's you. no, as soon as i said something controversial, you attacked me for being a tab

note: and it wasn't really controversial
    Er, could you elaborate please? I don't quite understand what you mean by 'tab'. And like I said before, I have nothing agianst you because you go to Cambridge, I just didn't agree with what you were saying at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    But at least KFC isn't trying to make out that it's food is healthy.. personally I like a bit of fried chicken myself
    FAST FOOD KILLS!!! WE'LL ALL GET ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND DIE!!!

*runs from the evil golden archs*

ReputationRep:
    If I'm being honest, the only thing I'm jealous of about Oxbridge students is that they get great hall accomodation compared to most other universities where you're cramped into little boxes piles on top of each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    Er, could you elaborate please? I don't quite understand what you mean by 'tab'. And like I said before, I have nothing agianst you because you go to Cambridge, I just didn't agree with what you were saying at all.
    tab is a person from cambridge. derived from cantabrigiensis (*of Cambridge, if i am not wrong.).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soonalvin)
    FAST FOOD KILLS!!! WE'LL ALL GET ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND DIE!!!

*runs from the evil golden archs*
    We're all going to die anyway.. and I'm too impatient to wait..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    If I'm being honest, the only thing I'm jealous of about Oxbridge students is that they get great hall accomodation compared to most other universities where you're cramped into little boxes piles on top of each other.
    have you actually seen some of the rooms at oxbridge?! most other unis i've seen have much nicer halls! And i wouldn't like having to be catered either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    No - the college I went to has a list of students who they tell they should apply to Oxbridge.. and then they pressure you like hell to apply there. They use the number of students who go to Oxbridge in their adverts for the college. I told them that I wasn't interested in going to Cambridge and that I want to go to Portsmouth - they weren't too impressed with me..

Anyways - they told me to withdraw my application. Apparently if I'd have got a place and rejected them, Oxbridge don't favour the college very much in the following year, and applicants to Oxbridge are mysteriously less sucessful..
    I wish they wouldn't spread such myths. People reading this, I can only implore you to ignore teachers who think they know best when they have no insight.

ReputationRep:
    irony clearly lost on you
    it wasnt irony anyway mate it was sarcasm u div

ReputationRep:
    yes, only people at cam understand what it's like to be at cam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    I don't get the McDonalds salads either. If you want to east healthily, you don't go to McDonalds. But hey!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.