The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow, most of the people who have responded in this thread make me sick. What a waste of perfectly good oxygen, most of you are.

Proof that A did not rape B =/= proof that B lied, you :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: imbeciles.
******* messed up law enforcers.
Reply 142
man thats messed up, i fell sorry for the dude
Reply 143
Pink Bullets
Wow, most of the people who have responded in this thread make me sick. What a waste of perfectly good oxygen, most of you are.

Proof that A did not rape B =/= proof that B lied, you :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: imbeciles.

proof B lied is the DNA says that he couldnt have had sex with her (seems solid to me)
She should have to spend 6 years in a rape-pen, with free access given to the wrongly accused man. Something a-la Fritzl.
DOA
and statements about actual rape should not be used to excuse this girls behaviour or distract from the issue of the injustice committed against men. Hes lost lost his family and may have been subject to humilation by tests, being arrested and having his name next to the word rapist because of her lie. This is main way false accusers get off apperatly saying it may harm real victims but she lied and distroyed a mans life so should he not be considered her victim as well and have her face punishments.

Perjury?
DOA
proof B lied is the DNA says that he couldnt have had sex with her (seems solid to me)

Nothing new. Happened with Stefan Kiszko who had a disease that meant he wasn't physically able to rape his alleged victim. Unfortunately for him and his defence counsel, the prosecution knew this but were not obliged to hand over this crucial evidence to the defence. The rules on this have since changed and I have yet to find out who were the sad bastards who put him in jail. We still don't know who she is and even the Guardian stated her identity should be revealed.
Olivia_Lightbulb
Don't be ridiculous. A woman who claims to have been raped should always be treated with sensitivity and kindness, regardless of whether it the truth is immediately verified. Rape is a brutal and hideous crime and one which is hugely traumatic. Treating a woman claiming rape in such a way does not mean any injustice is being committed against a potentially innocent man, but ensures that women are not disencouraged from reporting an abhorrent crime.

A lot of crimes are brutal, hideous and hugely traumatic - but in the end, the police aren't there to comfort someone when taking the intial statements from a victim. I'm not saying they should treated with hostility, rather everyone should be treated with some sensitivity and kindness, but never to the point where it's going to get in the way of actually getting evidence - I would think it's difficult to be a counsellor and an objective investigator at the same time.

jk1986

I also don't get how they found him guilty in the first place, with DNA evidence of other males and no history they seem to have taken her word for it. The lesson to be learnt from the British legal system today is if you see a drunk girl in the gutter, leave her there.. joke

To be honest I would - if I couldn't tell someone else about it (and deal with it). If it was a child i'd ring a police/ambulance before I did anything that even involved touching her, nevermind carrying her back home or whatever exactly this man did. If it wasn't for my experience of drunk women and double standards in regards to sexual assaults etc. I developed working in nightclubs, I don't know if I could say that with as much confidence as I can now. Its a small chance of something backfiring on me, if it was just physical danger to myself I wouldn't think like that, but I just wouldn't take the risk of my life being destroyed in such a way that I couldn't actually do much about it - you can't 'get over' or 'learn to live with' being falsely accused of sexual assault/rape, especially if you're convicted. This man was extremely lucky in even being released.

EDIT: It's at least part of the reason I've turned down sex with girls (for the first time anyway) when they are anything close to being drunk.
Reply 148
NDGAARONDI
Nothing new. Happened with Stefan Kiszko who had a disease that meant he wasn't physically able to rape his alleged victim. Unfortunately for him and his defence counsel, the prosecution knew this but were not obliged to hand over this crucial evidence to the defence. The rules on this have since changed and I have yet to find out who were the sad bastards who put him in jail. We still don't know who she is and even the Guardian stated her identity should be revealed.

I'm confused, are you talking about the Kiszko case, or the one in the OP?
rlw31
I'm confused, are you talking about the Kiszko case, or the one in the OP?

Kiszko.
Reply 150
NDGAARONDI
Kiszko.

Well, then I don't understand what you meant by saying the girl should be named. Are you referring to Lesley Molseed? If so, she was raped and murdered.
Reply 151
NDGAARONDI

http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/stefankiszko/index.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/7062395.stm

Are you getting mixed up with something else? Kiszko was convicted of murdering an 11yr old girl called Lesley Molseed. Another man, Ronald Castree, has now been found guilty of her murder. This wasn't a case of a girl falsely accusing a man of rape; the police found Kiszko and decided he was the man. (As, apparently, did his defence team who decided to try to prove diminished responsibility rather than innocence.) There was semen found on her underwear which contained heads of sperm which Kiszko was incapable of producing. Castree's DNA was a perfect match which is how he was caught, 30 years later. As I understand it though, someone, presumably the killer, ejaculated on her underwear but didn't rape her.
Meliae
http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/stefankiszko/index.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/7062395.stm

Are you getting mixed up with something else? Kiszko was convicted of murdering an 11yr old girl called Lesley Molseed. Another man, Ronald Castree, has now been found guilty of her murder. This wasn't a case of a girl falsely accusing a man of rape; the police found Kiszko and decided he was the man. (As, apparently, did his defence team who decided to try to prove diminished responsibility rather than innocence.) There was semen found on her underwear which contained heads of sperm which Kiszko was incapable of producing. Castree's DNA was a perfect match which is how he was caught, 30 years later. As I understand it though, someone, presumably the killer, ejaculated on her underwear but didn't rape her.

No it was another witness who helped stick Kiszko in the dock. Trying to locate the article now. :/
Makes me sick how many women just call the rape card and they are suddenly believed.
Reply 154
How did they convict him of rape in the first place?

Latest

Trending

Trending