Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellomoto)
    How is this any of your business? Are you bored or something?

Anyway, go ahead and report me. I have done nothing wrong. I have merely insulted someone who insists on always insulting me.
    I'm actually wondering if anyone's going to post anything interesting about High Holborn, since I'm going there.

Also, what you post on a public forum is everyone's business... sorry

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question about High Holborn.

High Holborn is mostly shared accommodation, right?

So what happens when, after dancing for the sexy llaaaaaadddiiees and catching their eye, several of them want to come back to your room for some 'hot coffee'.

Do you have to slip your room mate a fiver and tell him to go to the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    I'm actually wondering if anyone's going to post anything interesting about High Holborn, since I'm going there.

Also, what you post on a public forum is everyone's business... sorry
    Fair enough; atlhough some make it more of their business than others do.

Though you should not fend for someone if you do not know the 'whole story'.

I am by no means a rude person but Researcher Lond aka Hampshire brings out the worst in me...

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough; atlhough some make it more of their business than others do.

Though you should not fend for someone if you do not know the 'whole story'.

I am by no means a rude person but Researcher Lond aka Hampshire brings out the worst in me...
    I'm not Hampshire. There's more than one obnoxious LSE student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Researcher Lond)
    I've got a question about High Holborn.

High Holborn is mostly shared accommodation, right?

So what happens when, after dancing for the sexy llaaaaaadddiiees and catching their eye, several of them want to come back to your room for some 'hot coffee'.

Do you have to slip your room mate a fiver and tell him to go to the cinema?
    You do realise you are talking about the L S E dont you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    You do realise you are talking about the L S E dont you?
    LSE females are actually the best looking of all the UooooL students. I can prove it.

ReputationRep:
    ignore him. we've already establised he has more earwax than brain.

electric ballroom's brilliant. and i spent many happy hours in the world's end and barfly do you live in london already, or have you just been lucky enough to experience some camden nights out?

i changed my course (LLB to BSc Government) and i chopped and changed with loads of different outside modules until i found my favourites, so i can tell ya about a few of those.

DO SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY!!! i've already waffled about it. the teacher is my favourite - bradley franks. the lectures are SO engaging. we once had a fire drill in the middle of one and i scared myself by being disappointed by this. he's helped because his subject's fascinating, but he is a great lecturer. i enjoyed every second of them. the seminars are also great. and really relaxed and friendly. i met some of my favourite friends at LSE in that seminar. i seriously, SERIOUSLY recommend this one.

Introduction to Sociology's also really good. and you will be taught by nikolas rose (to whom i gave a wee namecheck earlier). who is a god and a wonderful lecturer. the seminars for this module are good, too. you might get a dude called fintan who i liked very much.

language modules are HARD. i did a level german, and got an A with 100%. and i did the advanced extention. right okay so i rolled up to the post-a level german class filled with confidence and the joys of autumn...and this other english girl and i were the DUNCES of this class, swear to god! the teacher took us to one side and checked we weren't in the wrong class, and that we actually DID have german a level! my best friend does german at bristol uni and says it's the hardest thing she's ever done. languages at uni are HARD. end of!

erm dunno which government one you mean...the introduction to political theory one?

DON'T DO STATISTICS. I TELL YA. ****ING NIGHTMARE!!

do the social psych one. it was my favourite subject for sure.

erm i didn't think it was that hard or bad. i never understood why some people felt the need to erm, well, live in the library. they probably got 1st Class Plus, though, or summat. i don't see anything unhealthy about doing as little as possible to get by. i did best in the subjects i found most fun (it's social psych again!), but i got 1sts in all the formative stuff i did. you should do fun modules, not the ones you think look best/hardest.

ReputationRep:
    Prove it then, Lord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Prove it then, Lord.
    Give me 3 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    You think you're great because you can quote Wicca at me? I did not pass through A-levels and LSE admissions to bandy crooked words with a witless apostate. I shall go one step higher. Behold the WORD OF THE LORD:

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. - Revelation 3:16

Actually, judging by your faceparty profile, I bet you have experience in spitting things out of your mouth too.
    ahhhhhhhh i seeeeee. another reason you love LSE so much. you don't have any sex.

would the fountain of your mind were clear again, that i might water an ass at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy_lou)
    ignore him. we've already establised he has more earwax than brain.

electric ballroom's brilliant. and i spent many happy hours in the world's end and barfly do you live in london already, or have you just been lucky enough to experience some camden nights out?

i changed my course (LLB to BSc Government) and i chopped and changed with loads of different outside modules until i found my favourites, so i can tell ya about a few of those.

DO SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY!!! i've already waffled about it. the teacher is my favourite - bradley franks. the lectures are SO engaging. we once had a fire drill in the middle of one and i scared myself by being disappointed by this. he's helped because his subject's fascinating, but he is a great lecturer. i enjoyed every second of them. the seminars are also great. and really relaxed and friendly. i met some of my favourite friends at LSE in that seminar. i seriously, SERIOUSLY recommend this one.

Introduction to Sociology's also really good. and you will be taught by nikolas rose (to whom i gave a wee namecheck earlier). who is a god and a wonderful lecturer. the seminars for this module are good, too. you might get a dude called fintan who i liked very much.

language modules are HARD. i did a level german, and got an A with 100%. and i did the advanced extention. right okay so i rolled up to the post-a level german class filled with confidence and the joys of autumn...and this other english girl and i were the DUNCES of this class, swear to god! the teacher took us to one side and checked we weren't in the wrong class, and that we actually DID have german a level! my best friend does german at bristol uni and says it's the hardest thing she's ever done. languages at uni are HARD. end of!

erm dunno which government one you mean...the introduction to political theory one?

DON'T DO STATISTICS. I TELL YA. ****ING NIGHTMARE!!

do the social psych one. it was my favourite subject for sure.

erm i didn't think it was that hard or bad. i never understood why some people felt the need to erm, well, live in the library. they probably got 1st Class Plus, though, or summat. i don't see anything unhealthy about doing as little as possible to get by. i did best in the subjects i found most fun (it's social psych again!), but i got 1sts in all the formative stuff i did. you should do fun modules, not the ones you think look best/hardest.
    I live in Hendon NW4 London.

I love Camden; Cyberdog!!!!! Do you like Prodigy or System Of A Down?

Well, Psychology it is then.

Why do you speak so negatively of Statistics?

ReputationRep:
    See attached.

LSE ladies rock. :cool:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    See attached.

LSE ladies rock. :cool:
    definitely calendar of the year stuff :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Why do you speak so negatively of Statistics?
    cus it was too much like hard work and maths

can't recommend social psych strongly enough. everyone really enjoys it.

i know hendon. kinda. it's a nice place. that's another good thing for you then: living in central london won't be much of a culture shock. i live in a little village in rural yorkshire. i'd never been to london before. in fact, i don't think i'd ever been further south than stratford-upon-avon before :eek: heh. when i saw them selling poppers and shrooms on the streets, i was swiftly moving away, trying to Look Casual, thinking a load of police constables would descend any second!

i used to like soad a lot. quite like prodigy, though. it's a terrible cliché to go on about how cool camden is (ever seen a film called 'this year's love'?), as if it's a little world of its own and all sorts of poetic improbabilities occur all the time. but there's NOWHERE like it and i LOVED it as soon as i walked out of the station. my boyfriend and i used to go up every saturday afternoon, scoff noodles, rifle through the stalls, sometimes go on those boat rides on the canal, start drinking at 4ish and then go out there. good times

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend and i used to go up every saturday afternoon, scoff noodles, rifle through the stalls, sometimes go on those boat rides on the canal, start drinking at 4ish and then go out there. good times
    Ah, such are the good times. That, together with stalking Boris, is truely a life full of excitment and meaning.

ReputationRep:
    sort your spelling out, oaf.

whatever i choose to fill my happy days with, it must be more fulfilling than stalking ME?!

and just so we're clear: thou wert best set thy lower part where thy nose stands.

go and have a few drinks, maybe make a little love. get down tonight.

ReputationRep:
    cus it was too much like hard work and maths

can't recommend social psych strongly enough. everyone really enjoys it.

i know hendon. kinda. it's a nice place. that's another good thing for you then: living in central london won't be much of a culture shock. i live in a little village in rural yorkshire. i'd never been to london before. in fact, i don't think i'd ever been further south than stratford-upon-avon before :eek: heh. when i saw them selling poppers and shrooms on the streets, i was swiftly moving away, trying to Look Casual, thinking a load of police constables would descend any second!

i used to like soad a lot. quite like prodigy, though. it's a terrible cliché to go on about how cool camden is (ever seen a film called 'this year's love'?), as if it's a little world of its own and all sorts of poetic improbabilities occur all the time. but there's NOWHERE like it and i LOVED it as soon as i walked out of the station. my boyfriend and i used to go up every saturday afternoon, scoff noodles, rifle through the stalls, sometimes go on those boat rides on the canal, start drinking at 4ish and then go out there. good times
    Ah yes. Camden. As much as I love it, it gets more commercial as each day passes; which is not so good as it erodes away what Camden really is - anything but commercial.

You've made me want Wine now (alcohol)... but I have to work tomorrow

Anyway, thanx for all your advice and may I wish you the very best of luck with Warwick.

Take care!

PS. Nice pictures and I am also a Gemini. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    sort your spelling out, oaf.

whatever i choose to fill my happy days with, it must be more fulfilling than stalking ME?!

and just so we're clear: thou wert best set thy lower part where thy nose stands.

go and have a few drinks, maybe make a little love. get down tonight.
    Sorry lizzy, but unlike you I've got better things to do than to re-read posts again and again and again to correct minor typos.

So I'm stalking you am I? Do yourself a favour - before you move to Warwick Poly go to the Economist bookshop and buy youself a dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes. Camden. As much as I love it, it gets more commercial as each day passes; which is not so good as it erodes away what Camden really is - anything but commercial.

You've made me want Wine now (alcohol)... but I have to work tomorrow

Anyway, thanx for all your advice and may I wish you the very best of luck with Warwick.

Take care!

PS. Nice pictures and I am also a Gemini. :cool:
    You're welcome, but I'm not a Gemini, nor am I going to Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, but I'm not a Gemini, nor am I going to Warwick.
    You enjoy turning tables don't you?

I was not talking to you...

:confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.