Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that the deadline for a lot of the universtiy residences was June 1st. However, I am still waiting on some of my acceptances and have therefore not chosen where I would like to stay. As an international student I think living on residence would be easier than finding private accomodations. Do you think that it would be too late to confirm a place? How hard would it be to find a place in central london (private) in late August, on a student budget? Any additional help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps this should be moved to "General university discussion".

Unless you need help with the legal side that is.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Perhaps this should be moved to "General university discussion".

Unless you need help with the legal side that is.. :rolleyes:

My appologies. However, I wouldn't know how to move it.

ReputationRep:
    which uni are you looking at going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    which uni are you looking at going to?
    I only decided to go apply to the UK in June, so I'm not entirely sure where I will end up. I do know I will be in London (since I only applied to schools in London). I have an unconditional offer to Westminster, but my first choice would be Queen Mary. Not sure if they even have any spots available any more. I am just concerned about finding a place to stay. I don't know about finding flatmates since I would like to know the people I am living with.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Just recieved my accom offer from QM...good luck though!!

ReputationRep:
    it wud help ya alot more if ya close this thread and make a new one in university area... rest i feel its better if u try and finalise univ accomodation and the final dates are in till first week of august but m' not very sure.. its always better in the first year to be in the university accomodation and then after the first sem you could move on out.. don't wait for the ucas letters instead call the ucas call centre and they wud give u the exact position of your offers just to hurry the process up...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.