Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Gotta 3 in my Economics HL, predicted 5/6 can't believe it.

What's the form with re-marks, when do you ask for it how long does it take

anyone out there got any experience of this

What a nightmare, need 32 for ST Andys got 28, what do I do now ?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaylott)
    Gotta 3 in my Economics HL, predicted 5/6 can't believe it.

What's the form with re-marks, when do you ask for it how long does it take

anyone out there got any experience of this

What a nightmare, need 32 for ST Andys got 28, what do I do now ?????
    It is a huge downfall:O Either you screwed up or the egzaminator was blind cause the difference between 3 and 6 is enormous:O I know that you will pay for recheck if they do not change your grade. You wont if they rise it. No idea how long it takes....Think mayby two weeks after IBO received your inquiry.
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, you must ask your IBC, I had the same problem for maths, predicted a 7 got a 5
    My IBC says that it can take 5 days to 10 weeks, depends on the mood of the examinator

ReputationRep:
    If you apply for a remark, are they able to lower it? I heard all they could do is leave it the same or grade it up?

Thanks

Just to confirm, I DID make my offer pretty easily, just shocked that i managed a 5 in a subject i expected MUCH more from

ReputationRep:
    but even if you get it remarked and it is a 6, you still won't have made your offer. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    but even if you get it remarked and it is a 6, you still won't have made your offer. :eek:
    Yeah but least I'll make my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaylott)
    Yeah but least I'll make my insurance.
    If you manage to have it remarked to 5 or 6 st andrews might accept you, so get it remarked ASAP.

Anyways I definately empathize with you, I would have jumped off a cliff if I got a 3 in economics hl since I predicted myself highly (a 7) after the exam.

ReputationRep:
    My exam coordinater sed something about if you achieve more than one grade below ur expected grade then it is automatically regraded anyway.......
    Could be wrong, but i guess it makes sense

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what final grade your IBC sent off. These are the grades that are the official predicted ones. If a grade is more than 2 off from the predicted grade, the exam is automatically re-checked, as far as I know. So because you're 3/4 off, it should have been re-marked already...
    And you can't get a lower grade in a re-mark I think. Certainly with re-takes, the highest score is taken into account, and if the re-take is lower, it won't count. Good luck .

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.