Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anyway of going to a theme park (either Thorpe Park or Alton Towers) for a cheap deal? Any companies which offer all inclusive travel and ticket deals or anything?
    I'm happy to spend the money and I'm desperate to go but I'm struggling to convince my boyfriend a day at Alton Towers is worth £60 odd quid.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a local coach tours company and check that, they sometimes do offers like that. Also check local papers and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    The best times to go are in the off-peak seasons (march, april, may, late september, october, november) as this is when the ticket prices drop and you can actually enojy the park as many people are at work/in school, and that means NO QUEUES!!!

Travelling in a large group can slash the ticket price also, but u have to choose your transport wisely as the cost for travel may add on silly amounts to the overall price you pay.

ReputationRep:
    There's some kind of student ID card that lets you get into this like that cheap www.citizencard.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knew a good site for cheap online tickets to TP. I found a great one last year but I don't remember the url.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    buy the new closer and you get two £8 off things for alton towers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    Does anyone know anyway of going to a theme park (either Thorpe Park or Alton Towers) for a cheap deal? Any companies which offer all inclusive travel and ticket deals or anything?
    I'm happy to spend the money and I'm desperate to go but I'm struggling to convince my boyfriend a day at Alton Towers is worth £60 odd quid.
    if you go to the Alton Towers/Thorpe Park websites, you can book advance tickets online that are a bit cheeper. Though you have to go on the day you book for, so if you wake up and find it's p*ssing down, you're stuck.

(Original post by Babyshambles)
    if you go to the Alton Towers/Thorpe Park websites, you can book advance tickets online that are a bit cheeper. Though you have to go on the day you book for, so if you wake up and find it's p*ssing down, you're stuck.
    Although rain doesn't always ruin a day out at Alton Towers. When I've been and it has rained there have been shorter queues

ReputationRep:
    try lastminute.com for thorpe park, i think its flat rate £19 if u book in advance

ReputationRep:
    I went to Alton Towers last Sunday. We went on EVERY SINGLE RIDE. Which i didnt think was possible. We went at 9.30 am and left at 5.30 pm. So we did sdtay for the maximum time. But i bought a short cut ticket for 30 pound. Gets you onto Oblivion, Nemesis, Air and Log flume. But this allows you to queue for other stuff. I queuwed for Rita, that wa sit. Majority for other things, it was like 20/15 minute queues. Id recommend spending 8 quid extra and getting a short cut ticket.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.