Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure my holiday job is one of the worst, but wondering if people could make me feel better by telling me all about the aweful things they have to do to earn a bit of money.

ReputationRep:
    ex friends of mine works in mcdonalds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    ex friends of mine works in mcdonalds
    Cold calling people asking for money as a telefundraiser?

I didn't mind it at all at the time actually, and £6/hr added up nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Cold calling people asking for money as a telefundraiser?

I didn't mind it at all at the time actually, and £6/hr added up nicely.
    At least you get to sit in a chair if your doing call centre work, at the minute I'm working dealing with the books and stuff people return to Readers Digest, it involves walking up and down and putting lots of things in boxes, and I'm miles away from everyone else in the warehouse with noone to talk to.

ReputationRep:
    How about trying to teach English to a load of 11-yr-old badly behaved Italian boys from scratch in three weeks?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who works in a fish market. he takes out all the disfigured fishes to be used in catfood with his bare hands. he literally stands in a large vat of fish for 9 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    How about trying to teach English to a load of 11-yr-old badly behaved Italian boys from scratch in three weeks?

How about no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    How about no?
    Its a complete nightmare!!! TEFL is great as long as the students really want to learn. They blatantly didn't and most of them didn't know a word of English to begin with. Gutting fish may be disgusting but you don't have the responsibility that comes with having to discipline a load of rowdy kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    i know someone who works in a fish market. he takes out all the disfigured fishes to be used in catfood with his bare hands. he literally stands in a large vat of fish for 9 hours a day.
    I think that one really does beat my job, thank you, I feel a little bit happier about going to work now coz it could be worse, I could be doing that job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    and... you have a problem with fish?

you have a problem with disfigured fish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    and... you have a problem with fish?

you have a problem with disfigured fish?
    But surely 9 hours a day dealing with dead smelly fish would have to get you down after a little while!

ReputationRep:
    during the last summer holidays i worked on a council estate as a a labourer helping to refit kitchens. some of the "tenants" were nice but many were miserable, disgusting slobs. one house i had to help rip out had something all over the floor that can be only described as a cross-mutation between never-drying PVA, treacle, fat, and chewing gum. it also had a certain aroma similar to a certain brown substance. i got £4.40/hour and worked 4, 8hour days a week. I Dare you to Beat That!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    ...4, 8hour days a week. I Dare you to Beat That!!
    lol oh wait, i hadnt read that fish one when i posted this. ignore my challenge

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.