Turn on thread page Beta

Make Poverty History watch

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what they're hoping to achieve with it but I already signed up a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    all done

ReputationRep:
    I would sign it, but I don't like giving my address (and therefore my family address) out when I don't fully understand the reasons. Maybe explain it further? I'd sign it if it wasn't for the address thing.

ReputationRep:
    I would have shown you a web page that you can order a postcard for tony blair but you have to give your home address again. I'll the website it to you anyway, you cant get the Make Poverty History wristbands from a website thats writing on this website :-

http://www.christian-aid.org.uk/camp...urce/order.htm

sorry if that didnt help :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da Mouse)
    I would have shown you a web page that you can order a postcard for tony blair but you have to give your home address again. I'll the website it to you anyway, you cant get the Make Poverty History wristbands from a website thats writing on this website :-

http://www.christian-aid.org.uk/camp...urce/order.htm

sorry if that didnt help :s:

Are those the same wristbands that were made in sweatshops?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    They provide jobs for people who would otherwise be on the street, even if people who wear them want all sweatshops to be closed down as they think there so evil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    They provide jobs for people who would otherwise be on the street, even if people who wear them want all sweatshops to be closed down as they think there so evil.
    Exactly. People should be more consistent in their beliefs. If you're against free trade and globalisation, then you damn well shouldn't be buying things manufactured in foreign factories. Nevermind sweatshops.

ReputationRep:
    Please click on the link on my signature and vote to make history poverty. It'll only take a few secs of your time.
    I don't need to waste those seconds, much of history already concerns poverty :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would advise people not to click on that, it's got some pretty dodgy ideas on it, and personally I think christian aid are being purposely misleading to manipulate people into supporting their unusual political beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    Dont be so rediculous. Just because Christian Aid is a Christian Organisation. Its oen fo the leading coalition members of MPH.

ReputationRep:
    |You lot are rather cynical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eXis)
    Dont be so rediculous. Just because Christian Aid is a Christian Organisation. Its oen fo the leading coalition members of MPH.
    and they're deliberately misleading people over what 'trade justice,' actually is, primarily by calling it trade justice. alot of economists believe that doing what they want would harm the third world's development. whether these economists are right or wrong is a matter for intense debate, but they are abusing the lack of knowledge of the general population.

ReputationRep:
    Its not Christian Aids fault. If anything its Sir Bob Geldof and Bonos, they made the coalition MPH Manifesto. That would be calling the organisation i founded, disgusting and misleading for promoting Trade Jsutice. We're just doing what we're told as coalition members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eXis)
    Its not Christian Aids fault. If anything its Sir Bob Geldof and Bonos, they made the coalition MPH Manifesto. That would be calling the organisation i founded, disgusting and misleading for promoting Trade Jsutice. We're just doing what we're told as coalition members.
    You shouldn't do "just what you're told," if you think it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think its wrong. As thats what we're fighting for. The jsutice of trade. To wipe a way free trade, where capitalists and econmicalists have a field day EVERYDAY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eXis)
    I dont think its wrong. As thats what we're fighting for. The jsutice of trade. To wipe a way free trade, where capitalists and econmicalists have a field day EVERYDAY.
    If you think econmicalists is a word, you really have not researched the subject have you? Yet you're brainwashing thousands of young people with trendy ideas about capitalism and greed, whilst the truth is alot of intelligent people believe that free trade is the best if not only way for the 3rd world to develop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)

I agree, im a pure capitalist. I was merely pointing out the hypocricy of the people who wear them - they are the same people who condemn sweatshops yet where their products.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    Exactly. People should be more consistent in their beliefs. If you're against free trade and globalisation, then you damn well shouldn't be buying things manufactured in foreign factories. Nevermind sweatshops.
    I agree. I hope you are not suggesting i am being inconsistent, if you are you are very confused, read my posts.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.