Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how to set this out without it seeming like I've done nothing since I finished uni - all I've done is work part time in a bar since I finished and had a long succession of short term temping jobs, all non teacher related and non degree related. I have been unsuccessful in securing school based work experience. Any pointers on what to put in and how to set this out would be appreciated, I'm not really good at creative writing.

ReputationRep:
    Guess this is a no brainer then.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've given it a crack, and this is what I've come up with past hour or so. Would appreciate any comments and criticism, and possible additions, thanks. Also posted in the "Teachers" forum, so my apologies if posting twice has violated any protocol.

I have one goal for my teaching – helping students to think and learn for themselves. This goal is as simple as it is illusive. The more experience I have as a teacher, the more I understand that there is no one-way of achieving my aim. Clearly, the proper focus of education is learning, not teaching, but I know that it is within a teacher’s power – and thus it is the teacher’s responsibility – to create the conditions necessary to allow students to learn. How best to create these conditions is the question… (needs more?)

Education has always been an important value in my house, especially since my mother was a secondary school teacher for many years, and now teaches computer courses with LearnDirect. I always took learning seriously, and then in secondary school and at university I realised that I enjoyed helping others learn as well. Part of my decision to become a future teacher is owed to my brother and sister (I have more than one of each but one is too young and the others live away – do I need to change this?) who I help with their science homework.

Although I have no formal classroom experience, I have assisted my mother and others with classes and computer support many times. It is this, in addition to my love of chemistry that has assisted in my decision to become a teacher. (Not happy with this personally, as I did do a lot with LearnDirect short of actually teaching, but don’t want to embellish it too much)

(Needs to be a bit longer too don’t you think?)

Marcus

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.