Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boryfriend started out like that with the same age difference I was going to be 16 in a month though. Still together 9 months later....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    Im considering going out with someone who is 15. I am 18. She is hot and fairly mature i guess. Now i know its a little dodgy legally, but if i dont call her not only will we both be sad but im sure someone else will go for her. Should i go for it or hold back.

This is bugging me

Also if you're too lazy to reply, just vote in the poll.

PS: don't redirect me to an age gap thread.
    Yeah go for it if you're attracted to her. 3 years is nothing and think about it, in one year, the difference won't be so big and who knows if you stay longer with her, by the time she's 17, who will care but yes, legally, be careful... not so much because you don't want the law on the back but you don't want to be an *******.

If friends make comments about her being a bit young, ignore them. They'll get over it. Friends should never be listened to when it comes to choosing girls. If I've learnt anything during my youth, that's it :P

ReputationRep:
    Go for it
    Who gives a crap what other people think?
    as long as both of you are happy its fine

ReputationRep:
    Chances are when you were 15 the women in ur year dated older men. Now its ur turn to take ur place in the cycle of life.

ReputationRep:
    I went out with a 15 year old girl when I turned 18 and because of a few stupid comments from "friends", I felt uneasy about the whole thing. It's really a shame because things could have been good. But there was no risk of me having the law on my back. Back then, I couldn't imagine a 15 year old thinking about anything more than kissing. How wrong was I! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    Who gives a crap what other people think?
    as long as both of you are happy its fine
    yeh, but at the end of the day, right and wrong are always defined by what other people think.for example, laws didnt just appear out of no where. people in positions of authority thought certain things were wrong and as a result created rules to prevent them. it is coz of this that new ones are created and often changed (like in parliament)so one day the age of consent cud be 12 bcoz sum1 has a different view and is in a position to employ it. u gotta be careful bcoz the views of society can bring u down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    yeh, but at the end of the day, right and wrong are always defined by what other people think.for example, laws didnt just appear out of no where. people in positions of authority thought certain things were wrong and as a result created rules to prevent them. it is coz of this that new ones are created and often changed (like in parliament)so one day the age of consent cud be 12 bcoz sum1 has a different view and is in a position to employ it. u gotta be careful bcoz the views of society can bring u down.
    He's considering going out with her... Who said anything about breaking the law and the age of consent?

ReputationRep:
    Ermm ok, Imo i think personal feelings are more important than what society thinks, but thats just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I went out with a 15 year old girl when I turned 18 and because of a few stupid comments from "friends", I felt uneasy about the whole thing. It's really a shame because things could have been good. But there was no risk of me having the law on my back. Back then, I couldn't imagine a 15 year old thinking about anything more than kissing. How wrong was I! :rolleyes:
    preach :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    He's considering going out with her... Who said anything about breaking the law and the age of consent?
    i was usin it as an example of how peoples views/opinions control society

ReputationRep:
    i was usin it as an example of how peoples views/opinions control society
    Hes just trying to go out with a girl a few years younger than him, its not going to break any laws or anything :eek: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    Hes just trying to go out with a girl a few years younger than him, its not going to break any laws or anything :eek: :rolleyes:

k. maybe im bein a bit strong

ReputationRep:
    if you like each other then go for it.

but try to avoid anything that could get you a call from the police until they turn 16...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.