Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    Just wanted to say thank you to the cowards who gave me neg rep, I hope it made you feel really good, I'm afraid it didn't really have much affect on me, I wasn't bothered, so you pretty much wasted your time.

Also, like I already said, I know Oxbridge don't do BA's, but like I also already said that's plain ridiculous. Surely you people can't be so thick that you can't see it's pretty dumb to have a Batchelor of ARTS in a scientific subject? I mean, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I know you'll all disagree, but there we go, it'll show your small mindedness even more. Also before you say, no I'm no jelous of Oxbridge students, I could've gone myself but chose to go to a different Uni, which I felt offered me more for my chosen subject. I didn't want to get sucked into the whole 'I'm an Oxbridge student, therefore I'm better than anyone else' frame of mind. I'm glad I decided not to go judging by the people on here, not all, but most of you are stuck up. The only person who is seems hasn't let Oxbridge go to their head is Lauren. Everyone else is just so stuck up I don't wish to waste my time with them shoving their hideous opinions down my throat.
    :biggrin: :hahaha: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    being kinda in the same situ, I know what you are going through..what a fantastic set of results, congratulations
    Many thanks. I hope things get better for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancientone)
    Just to get back to the original subject of the thread - got a 2.1 for first year exams - after getting 1/2.1s in first semester and then losing a load of time after my aged mum fell and spent weeks in hospital and I had to arrange her transfer into residential care. Meant I missed loads of time so I'm really pleased at the results. That and the fact that I've done no academic study for nearly 30 years and the last exams I sat were in the 1970's.

Well done! Stands you in fantastic stead for mext year!

ReputationRep:
    Just to get back to the original subject of the thread - got a 2.1 for first year exams - after getting 1/2.1s in first semester and then losing a load of time after my aged mum fell and spent weeks in hospital and I had to arrange her transfer into residential care. Meant I missed loads of time so I'm really pleased at the results. That and the fact that I've done no academic study for nearly 30 years and the last exams I sat were in the 1970's.
    Hiya! Sorry I've not looked at this thread for ages! I know it's been said but I felt I had to send on my heartfelt congratulations on your 2.1. It is absolutely fantastic, you have done so well despite having a load of personal problems on your mind. I hope your Mam is ok now, and that she is settled in residential care in time for your going back to Uni. I wish you all the best for when you go back :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Hiya! Sorry I've not looked at this thread for ages! I know it's been said but I felt I had to send on my heartfelt congratulations on your 2.1. It is absolutely fantastic, you have done so well despite having a load of personal problems on your mind. I hope your Mam is ok now, and that she is settled in residential care in time for your going back to Uni. I wish you all the best for when you go back :hugs:
    Many thanks gemchicken, really appreciated, - mum's even talking about 'home' now where she lives. I'm really looking forward to the next year- hope you're enjoying yourself at uni as much as I am.

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks gemchicken, really appreciated, - mum's even talking about 'home' now where she lives. I'm really looking forward to the next year- hope you're enjoying yourself at uni as much as I am.
    Aww bless her, I guess that's a weight off your mind, knowing that she's happy and settled in the residential home where she's at. My Na-Na (great grandma) was in a Nursing home the last 8/9 years of her life, she didn't really know where she was (alzheimers) but she was getting the best care available, so was happy.

I'm glad you're looking forward to next year, will that be your 2nd/3rd/more year? I go into my 3rd and final year in Sept, looking forward to it but scared at the same time as then it's the big wide world! It should be good though as most my options are my choice and not core option so I should enjoy it more!

Good luck at Uni and I hope your Mam remains happy I hope you do as fantastic as you have been doing, I'm sure you will!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.