Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    tomorrow i am going the doctors for a filling. I need an injeciton to numb my gum. Now, i dont like needles coz they are horrible, so i am just wondering if the needle hurts? Also, does the filling hurt later on?
    the needle going in is a strange sensation and it is "painful" but nothing bad. you arent going to be in agony or crying, put it that way.

"burning" your knees and elbows on indoor footy pitches is more painful

ReputationRep:
    The injection doesn't hurt unless they give you one in the roof of the mouth, then you'll know about it, or they decide to just stab you randomly like some sort of ragdoll, in which case it'll hurt lots.

As for the fillings itself, it will most likely hurt a lot unless its not very deep, in which case, count your lucky stars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    The injection doesn't hurt unless they give you one in the roof of the mouth, then you'll know about it, or they decide to just stab you randomly like some sort of ragdoll, in which case it'll hurt lots.

As for the fillings itself, it will most likely hurt a lot unless its not very deep, in which case, count your lucky stars.

oh god yeh, the injection really does hurt if its in the roof of the mouth!<<<<depending if the dentist is kind or not (my dentist is kind thank god!!)
    (i should know i had two teeth taken out at the top a week ago.) fillings dont hurt at all.

one warning, take lotsa tissue...lol because ur going to be all slobbery afterwards. lol. because ur lips and probably nose and cheeks will feel all swollen and weird to you (obviously they will not be, just just feel it) and when i was numb i struggled to talk and do anything normal other than dwibble lol

(it might not happen tho, so dont worry.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    first they put on some orange paste to numb your gums,
    i had bubblegum paste!! lol

ReputationRep:
    Fillings dont hurt when you get em done. but once they r their make sure y dont get any sort of metal foil near em! ouch!

ReputationRep:
    Oh gawd, I have to have my teeth re-enamelled next week which involves having an injection. Usually I don't mind going to see the dentist, but the thought of having an injection in my mouth, which is really quite a sensitive place, scares me to death *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    Oh gawd, I have to have my teeth re-enamelled next week which involves having an injection. Usually I don't mind going to see the dentist, but the thought of having an injection in my mouth, which is really quite a sensitive place, scares me to death *shudders*
    i know what u mean. Just the thought of having a needle in my gum makes me feel ill.

omfg, i am going in about 40 mins :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    i know what u mean. Just the thought of having a needle in my gum makes me feel ill.

omfg, i am going in about 40 mins :bawling:
    But just think, you're 40 minutes closer to having it over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    okay, i am going now. Wish me luck (i need it) :bawling:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.