Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to the R.E.M concert yesterday in cardiff, i thought it was absolutely brilliant and was fortunate to get very near the stage. The support groups (idelwild and the zutons) were also excellent, especially the zutons. Did anyone see it, and what did they think of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craigyd)
    I went to the R.E.M concert yesterday in cardiff, i thought it was absolutely brilliant and was fortunate to get very near the stage. The support groups (idelwild and the zutons) were also excellent, especially the zutons. Did anyone see it, and what did they think of it?
    didn't see it. v jealous! what colour was michael stipe's face last nite? dude. :cool: i saw them at t in the park a few years ago and they finished with the end of the world as we know it - there are not words to describe how magic it was!!!!! what can i say? both idlewild (roddy woomble has beautiful eyes :love: ) and the zutons must have been fab. what a night!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Gah... I was going to try and catch them in Hull but never got round to buying tickets .

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Hyde Park next week. Did they play Leave in Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    theystarted with bad day and whats the frequency kenneth - which i love- and they finished with man on the moon, which was almost gettin people moshing. They didnt play leave, it ws a mix between their new stuff and their classics, which satisfied everyone really. Stipes face was painted blue around his eyes

ReputationRep:
    I really want them to play Leave, it's my favourite song by them, and they've been playing it at some of the gigs on this tour, but not all of them. I bloody hope they do it next week.

ReputationRep:
    my 'rents went, but i was having way more fun at Funeral for a friend, supported by Bullet and A Static Lullaby

ReputationRep:
    YAY! I'm going.. TOMORROW!!! I hope we don't just get the new stuff (rubbish) and the best-of. I am going to boogy my arse off to Idlewild & the Zutons too. YAY!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great wish I had gone/known about it. Idlewild are cool and I've even bothered to buy the Zutons album, must have been excellent with back up for REM like that

ReputationRep:
    Are The Zutons supporting REM at London too?

I went to see them in Manchester a few weeks ago. It was the best gig I ever been too!! Just a fantastic atmosphere, great weather and they played all the best songs old and new... Newer songs were better than I ever expected live!!! Finishing with man on the moon was amazing...its a fantastic feeling to look around Lancashire County Cricket Ground and just see about 50,000 all standing arms in the air singing along

Also the support acts were fantastic (Idlewild, the Zutons and Feeder) although Idlewild were a bit pants really...the music was Ok but they have virtually no stage presence at all!!

ReputationRep:
    How was it at Hyde Park yesterday? i'm so gutted not to have been there; being such a big REM fan, and only a half hour tube journey away from H.P

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Who else saw REM in Hyde Park yesterday? I enjoyed it SO much- it was such a brilliant night. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't do Shiny Happy People and All The Way to Reno but apart from that they did all their best tracks. Losing My Religion was incredible. Good weather too.

ReputationRep:
    Saw REM at IoW Festival....they were awesome...especially as I was about 10 rows from the stage

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.