Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At school - do you spend a long time typing them up and putting them in a folder with plastic pockets or do you just shove them in - or the extremes inbetween?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    At school - do you spend a long time typing them up and putting them in a folder with plastic pockets or do you just shove them in - or the extremes inbetween?
    I think it will the former for girls, and the latter for guys in general.

No prizes for guessing what I do. :p:

At school, I hate it. At home, I do quite a lot, depending on the subject (Lit notes? Get outta here...)

ReputationRep:
    I put the notes behind the previous notes that I made the other lessons. I don't type the notes up.

ReputationRep:
    you must be joking? type them up, nah, they get shoved behind the last set of ones....the speed my teachers make us do them, ill have to hire a cryptologist to decipher them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)

At school I shove them in, not really one for typing up notes; typing only for essays and so on.

If I'm procrastinating from revision I'll try to give them some sense of order- so it counts as lazyman's revision; to reassure myself that I've haven't wasted the entire day :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not yet but as AS levels draw nearer i have ot be prepared to write a lot of notes as it isnt just a case of copying out of a text book. It also is supposed to prepare us for taking notes at uni etc.

I have to buy myself some nice colourful plastic pockets sometime soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Not yet but as AS levels draw nearer i have ot be prepared to write a lot of notes as it isnt just a case of copying out of a text book. It also is supposed to prepare us for taking notes at uni etc.

I have to buy myself some nice colourful plastic pockets sometime soon
    its fun to go to woolies and get matching folders (everyone now must think I'm wierd!) plus at the end of the two years I can sell them on Ebay! anyone else got wierd obsessions they would like to share?

ReputationRep:
    i don't type my notes up but if they're not readable, I write them out again and then put them in a folder

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my A-Levels and found that I never actually revised from the notes I took in class - kinda depressing when there's 6 ringbinders full of them, but, at the end of the day, I think textbooks, past papers and, of course, TSR are much more useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)

i disagree. i am a girl and my notes are a shambles. i just keep piles of paper, which are actually impossible to revise from. although i do know a girl whose notes actually have page numbers, so i suppose the stereotype does have some basis...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drw25)
    I've just finished my A-Levels and found that I never actually revised from the notes I took in class - kinda depressing when there's 6 ringbinders full of them, but, at the end of the day, I think textbooks, past papers and, of course, TSR are much more useful!
    Hell yeah. You are your best teacher, or so they say. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drw25)
    I definitely concur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drw25)
    :dito:

ReputationRep:
    I typed up notes from the text books and included my class notes sometimes (although most of them were no use).. it took time..but they looked beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    i d ont type up notes i just write them and put them into plastic pockets just to make sure i dont lose it or destroy writing if i have to have holes punched in them xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    i d ont type up notes i just write them and put them into plastic pockets just to make sure i dont lose it or destroy writing if i have to have holes punched in them xoxo
    I only put sheets into plastic pockets when they are photocopies, as I hole punch them, some words on the side will be cut off. You will have loads of plastic wallets in your binder, and lots of putting in sheets into those wallets. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Depends what subject. I find myself taking good care of my geography notes, but shoving my biology (yeuch) notes every which way.

ReputationRep:
    I got all my GCSE notes and typed them up and made MS Paint diagrams and everything. I like diagrams...

ReputationRep:
    I never type notes up after the lesson - my handwriting isn't great but I try to make them as neat as possible the first time round and then slot them into my folder(with the plastic pockets). We were subjected to regular folder checks by teachers though so that probably accounts for some of my careful filing! lol.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.