Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    If not... probably the smoking
    I think it's gross, it's actively killing yourself and my family have naturally addictive natures...
    Couldn't agree more - I detest smoking; I find it the epitimy of vulgarity. I become infuriated by ignorant smokers who will smoke away without abandon and blow their smoke right in your face.

ReputationRep:
    i would allow my son to do all those. Id rather he was taking another drug thos, not E. Maybe go for speed or cocaine. I would pretty much allow anything so long as he felt he could discuss stuff with me if he wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    i would allow my son to do all those. Id rather he was taking another drug thos, not E. Maybe go for speed or cocaine.
    Yeah, and maybe find him dead in an alley somewhere.

Not a wise idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tate)
    i can't beleive all those people who voted E, i hate how people instantly think its much worse than the other things on the list just because its a 'drug'. cigeretts and alcohol kill far more people than ecstacy ever could. there is so much mis-information about. my point being that all the other things on the list (bar the sex) are far more likely to be harm.
    Yeah but you're more likely to die instantly taking E's than you are drinking or smoking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    i would allow my son to do all those. Id rather he was taking another drug thos, not E. Maybe go for speed or cocaine. I would pretty much allow anything so long as he felt he could discuss stuff with me if he wanted.
    Are you having a laugh?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'd kill him for drug taking and would have a serious go about the drinking and shagging around. I wouldnt let them smoke in my house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    Yeah but you're more likely to die instantly taking E's than you are drinking or smoking.

your just another person full of mis-information, yeah if you drink too much water you put your self at risk, and yes is you dont drink enough water you put your self at risk, but its not like '3 sips not enough...oops 5 sips too many'. you can tell how hydrated you are, just as you can on any other day, you just need to drink more if dancing, which you would need to anyway even if you hadn't taken ecstacy. as i said before bad batches are taken out of circulation, if a dealer deals bad pills they'll get a bad reputation, resulting in less customers and loss of earnings, and they don't want that do they?

ReputationRep:
    E tablet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tate)
    your just another person full of mis-information, yeah if you drink too much water you put your self at risk, and yes is you dont drink enough water you put your self at risk, but its not like '3 sips not enough...oops 5 sips too many'. you can tell how hydrated you are, just as you can on any other day, you just need to drink more if dancing, which you would need to anyway even if you hadn't taken ecstacy. as i said before bad batches are taken out of circulation, if a dealer deals bad pills they'll get a bad reputation, resulting in less customers and loss of earnings, and they don't want that do they?
    Oh, and I suppose you're the authority on drugs are you? Just cos they usually take the bad batches out doesn't mean there are no dodgy tablets out there. Plus, you could have an adverse reaction to the chemicals which are 'not dodgy'. Just 'cos you need to take drugs to have a good night out...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry tate, but I don't want to argue about E, like you would appear to. But there appear to be 60 of us then with 'mis-information'. You mean false information/ mis-conception, but you're wrong anyway. It's a Class A drug, taking it isn't even justified for medicinal purposes (whereas cannabis is). I don't think saying: "Oh, but the law's wrong."- will stand up in court. Whereas smoking/alcohol/sex are all legal, when you're an adult.

Maybe people are thinking, they'd be really bothered their son needed a Class A drug every week to have fun. E's are laced with all sorts of harmful chemicals, which could harm you. Maybe they'd be really bothered their son's breaking the law, in such a way that it's obvious and in public, and they don't want their son in prison. Or maybe they then have to think, maybe it would be better if he was in prison because he's be safe from the contents of E's. I don't know.

But the only information we need is the fact it's a class A drug, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of adverse reactions you can have to serotonin!! "Serotonin Syndrome (SS) produces violent trembling, profuse sweating, insomnia, nausea, teeth chattering, chilling, shivering, aggressiveness, over-confidence, agitation, and malignant hyperthermia. Emergency medical treatment is required, utilizing medications that neutralize or block the action of Serotonin as the treatment for Serotonin Syndrome (SS)."
    this quote's from here
    By saying that Esctasy is safe, you're saying the law is wrong, I trust the law and media enough so I wouldn't try it.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not saying you have to try it. i don't think i trust the law or the media, deffinatly not the media. also i never said ecstacy was 100% safe, i said it isn't as bad as people (and the media) make out, i'd much rather my son take ecstacy then most other drugs, infact i'd much rather my son do drugs then drink, i've seen the distruction alcohol can cause. infact i see it everytime i go out. ecstacy isn't addictive like speed or cocaine, speed is often cut with stuff to bulk it out, although if you know the right people you wont end up buying ****. good drugs arn't hard to come by. drugs are dangerous if you DON'T know what your doing, but i know what i'm doing, and so do most people, its just the odd few that don't know what there doing, and you know why? mis-information.

ReputationRep:
    Drugs are exactly the same as alcohol. Some people die from drugs, some die from alcohol, there can be no distinction between the two. It's the same type of irresponsible idiots that die from either substance. The usual effects of alcohol are somewhat more severe. If you think realistically, if there was another drug on the market which made people vomit regularly and collapse into a paraletic state, people would consider it hugely dangerous. You all need to think for yourselves more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjmorgstew)
    Drugs are exactly the same as alcohol. Some people die from drugs, some die from alcohol, there can be no distinction between the two. It's the same type of irresponsible idiots that die from either substance. The usual effects of alcohol are somewhat more severe. If you think realistically, if there was another drug on the market which made people vomit regularly and collapse into a paraletic state, people would consider it hugely dangerous. You all need to think for yourselves more.
    i couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    Damn I voted the wrong one. I voted the one I'd let him do. I'd kill him for any of the others.

ReputationRep:
    Damn I voted the wrong one. I voted the one I'd let him do. I'd kill him for any of the others.
    Which was that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    Which was that?
    I'd let him get pissed. No harm in that. You soon learn to drink less. At any rate, I could pick him up and make sure he got home safe etc.

I hate drugs full stop, so the last two I would batter him for.
    If he started sleeping around, I'd castrate him. I don't want a kid with STDs nor would I want him getting people pregnant.
    Smoking is gross, full stop. I wouldn't want my house or his clothes stinking. To combat that habit I'd make him smoke an entire packet in one go, or I'd make him eat the entire packet.

ReputationRep:
    Coffee, sugar, air you have to draw the line somewhere

ReputationRep:
    I am a parent and wouldnt be happy if my son did any of these things!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be an idiot. You know as well as I do that your smarmy comments are a load of ****.
    Explain to me how there can be a distinction between coffee and drugs, or smoking and drugs but not alcohol and drugs.

Please think about the posts you read before blowing up, failing to realize the obvious flaws in your arguments.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.