The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Get a form for a bank you want to put your money in. In addition, bring some identification (e.g. passport, ID card, etc...) to prove that you are yourself. Some banks have an online form for you to fill in to open your account, depends which bank you open with.
Reply 2
trev
Get a form for a bank you want to put your money in. In addition, bring some identification (e.g. passport, ID card, etc...) to prove that you are yourself. Some banks have an online form for you to fill in to open your account, depends which bank you open with.

In addition to that, once you've done it online you need to wait about 5 days for thme to send you another form, which you have to fill in, send away complete with original birth certificate (not a duplicate) and a school letter confirming your age/name

So in affect it takes longer doing it online, so go into the bank and grab a form.
Reply 3
gossip_girl
i know nothing about them and i wanna put some money in my account. how do i do this?

If you already have the account, go in there with your card or a bank statement along with the amount you wish to pay in and hand it over, you might not have an online banking code so enquire about setting up one with your bank.
Reply 4
i have an account already tho
Reply 5
trev

Presumably she already has an account and wants to know how to put money into it..
Reply 6
gossip_girl
i have an account already tho

Read above gg.
Reply 7
Take your card to the bank with you along with the cash and there are little deposit forms you can fill in near the pens in the bank queue. They ask for your account details and how much you want to put in / whether its a cheque etc. This makes it easier for them and gives you an instant receipt.
Reply 8
And make sure you go for a bank that has good service and doesn't just have a good immediate deal for a girl that is 16 years of age! People make that mistake.

HSBC offered good deals some 7 years ago and my brother wishes he'd never applied now!
Reply 9
If you have a giro book, just fill out a giro slip and hand it in to your bank. Otherwise, go to your bank and fill out a paying-in slip they have there. You will have to bring your card with you to fill in the details such as account number etc.
Reply 10
or . . put it into a savings account! for your new Ferrari in a few years time!
Reply 11
And make sure you keep allll your bank statements in an orderly fashion....as mother always says.
Reply 12
jeez i thought everyone knew how to put money in the bank.... just put your cash in an envelope marked 'bank' and drop in into any royal mail postbox.
Reply 13
se77en
jeez i thought everyone knew how to put money in the bank.... just put your cash in an envelope marked 'bank' and drop in into any royal mail postbox.

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending