Turn on thread page Beta

hey how many weeks b4 exams do ppl start revisin watch

ReputationRep:
    callin clever ppl - ive got 2 resits and 1 exam all in 3 week. how much revision should i do each day.
    plz be honest
    thanks

P.S Also is it ok to revise at night say 10 - 1 (just dat i heard its a bad time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    callin clever ppl - ive got 2 resits and 1 exam all in 3 week. how much revision should i do each day
    plz be honest
    thanks

well revision shud be done well before hand, depends on numbers of exam u do and how much comfortable you are with the subjects? like easy or hard, i do it before a month , thats for like 4 or more exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahyolmu)
    well revision shud be done well before hand, depends on numbers of exam u do and how much comfortable you are with the subjects? like easy or hard, i do it before a month , thats for like 4 or more exam
    ok thx dude

ReputationRep:
    ok thx dude

any time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahyolmu)
    any time
    all u inteligent ppl cud u answer my ques

ReputationRep:
    i have 6 A2 exams in january, trying to get as many out the way so to ease the workload next june

i began revising about a month ago, averaging 1 hour a weeknight then more on weekends. I finish college this friday, then have christmas and study leave - gonna work my arse off, otherwise next june will be unbearable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    i have 6 A2 exams in january, trying to get as many out the way so to ease the workload next june

i began revising about a month ago, averaging 1 hour a weeknight then more on weekends. I finish college this friday, then have christmas and study leave - gonna work my arse off, otherwise next june will be unbearable
    :eek:
    how many hours of revision for resits wud ya say is appropriate

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    how many hours of revision for resits wud ya say is appropriate
    as much as you need for the content surely?

Ill be spending much less time on my ICT exam but much much more on my Physics for example (plus I have 2 physics exams which doesnt help anything!).. also maths and biology to do as well, all for january - aarrgghh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsboy)
    as much as you need for the content surely?

Ill be spending much less time on my ICT exam but much much more on my Physics for example (plus I have 2 physics exams which doesnt help anything!).. also maths and biology to do as well, all for january - aarrgghh!!
    lol know the pressure got just this week and 2 weeks over christmas really and not even touched da books. just dont think i have enough time! (im doin bio as well aqa :confused: )

ReputationRep:
    Spent about 30 hours revising for my D1 resit, for maths. (I had to learn it all by myself, no lessons in D1 whatsoever).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Spent about 30 hours revising for my D1 resit, for maths. (I had to learn it all by myself, no lessons in D1 whatsoever).
    yeah i have to learn 2 resits again by myself. the first time i got taught though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't spend a lot of time revising, not nearly as much as most people. Often wished I had, but then I never have seemed to need to, exams have always turned out pretty well so far. Will probably start revising after christmas, do the odd past paper, first exam on 12th. Maths. Nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janon)
    I don't spend a lot of time revising, not nearly as much as most people. Often wished I had, but then I never have seemed to need to, exams have always turned out pretty well so far. Will probably start revising after christmas, do the odd past paper, first exam on 12th. Maths. Nightmare.
    how many exams ya got. i keep tellin myself ill do some work over christmas but i know i wont

ReputationRep:
    4 exams. 2 maths, physics and chemistry. I will have to really push myself to do some work. But I will wait and see how my oxford interview went. I am more concerned about that at the moment. I really liked the place as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janon)
    4 exams. 2 maths, physics and chemistry. I will have to really push myself to do some work. But I will wait and see how my oxford interview went. I am more concerned about that at the moment. I really liked the place as well
    guess ure clever then. wot u planning on doin at oxford

ReputationRep:
    Whenever the question is raised in study guides they never tell you a proper answer, it's kinda 'Whatever suits you, Sir'.

For GCSEs, I'd say about 3-4 weeks.

For AS I gave myself 2 weeks and left it just too late, I needed a few more hours. But that was working hardcore, 12hrs a day throughout study leave.

Uni I gave myself 1 week and again, too late, had to work around the clock.

But I'm not a big fan of starting off lightly really early, as it seems I'd have completely forgotten by the time of the exam and would have to start over nearer the date.

It's all about getting the balance right. Leave it too late and you'll regret it, saying 'If only I'd started a week earlier I'd have got those extra 2 marks...'. Leave it too early however, and you'll feel even more gutted if things don't go your way.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I'd say maybe two hours of revision per day is appropriate (apart from current homework). As for exams in the summer, try to hand in all your coursework before the Easter hols and then start revision slowly in the holidays. I know you're asking about January resits, and the exams in the summer may seem far away, but trust me on this one. I've already done my A-levels

ReputationRep:
    callin clever ppl - ive got 2 resits and 1 exam all in 3 week. how much revision should i do each day.
    plz be honest
    thanks

P.S Also is it ok to revise at night say 10 - 1 (just dat i heard its a bad time)
    if it a big exam then bout three weeks b4
    if a little exam then 1 week approx

ReputationRep:
    plz be honest
    thanks

well i'm doing my mocks and i havent actually revised nething

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrostyx)
    well i'm doing my mocks and i havent actually revised nething
    mocks u dont need to work for

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.