Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone knew, if I were to fail to get the grades I need next month (which is quite likely - 3 A's for History at KCL), would it be unlikely that I would get an offer from a university like KCL or UCL if I re-applied next year and re-took various modules? With any luck I won't get lower than AAB but I was wondering what my chances would be? Thanks for your time

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what the rest of the year get. If everyone fecks up then they will take more people who missed grades. If people do well, then you don't have much hope, remember that universities over offer to compensate for those people who won't make their grades.

As for retaking and reapplying - you'll have to check with the appropriate people as these sorts of issues tend to be very departmental specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Depends on what the rest of the year get. If everyone fecks up then they will take more people who missed grades. If people do well, then you don't have much hope, remember that universities over offer to compensate for those people who won't make their grades.

As for retaking and reapplying - you'll have to check with the appropriate people as these sorts of issues tend to be very departmental specific.
    Thanks for that. I emailed UCL's history department a couple of weeks ago asking what my chances would be and they said that retaking "should not be a problem" but I suppose it'll all become clearer on results day.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.