Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it that I can't get a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, this is crazy...

I haven't had a girl in 2yrs now, the same time I last had sex, I'm mad confident to the point where people think I'm a playa and sleep around when I'm really not like that at all and have mad respect for girls anddon't just use them for sex etc (my s/n is ironic). I'm popular, not too bad looking ( I think), have no problem talking to girls until that final point where I'm meant to make a move. I get my fair share of random pulls at parties etc but that aint what I want..

I just lost the love of my life, she loved me, I loved her but she had a bf od 3yrs...it was messy...I just got over that recently but I can't get with a girl to save my life...

*gets mad*

This is me by the way

http://img99.echo.cx/my.php?image=imgp17124ue.jpg
    http://img144.echo.cx/my.php?image=506200082gj.jpg
    http://img152.echo.cx/my.php?image=imgp17132sm.jpg
    http://img144.echo.cx/my.php?image=506200450cz.jpg

ReputationRep:
    well it sounds like girls are getting a false impression of you.. hopefully if they get to know you for who you are this image of you should diminish and they would realise your intentions are entirely honourable no i do not think you are bad looking, however if you pull quite a few randoms maybe that's what gives the impression that what you're looking for is not a serious relationship. good luck, i'm sure you'll find a nice girl soon

ReputationRep:
    judgemental but :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The first thing i thought when i read your post was that your way to vain.........just be yourself and have fun with girls (not in a sexual way), one of them is bound to like you for who you are, not what you look like (which really counts).

Girls like confidence, not cockyness

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha playaboy ur getting slated

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date you - for one thing, you can't spell the word 'player', and for another, I wouldn't date a guy who was supposed to be a "playa". Try avoiding random pulls.

ReputationRep:
    Erm... well... from a purely shallow point of view:

Stop spiking up the hair (there are lots of nice styles that frame a guy's face and really improve your image), don't do the ironic 'rapper' hands because ironic hands only look good on Pharell Williams, stop wearing massive baggy shirts and dodgy suits, no shiny black shoes with square toes. Smile more, proper smiling... open, genuine, etc.

Erm. Ironic or not, refering to oneself as 'playaboy' will not get you a girlfriend, unless, again, you are pharell williams. Stop pulling random girls at parties as word *does* travel, and people will hear about it. Start making friends with girls, without the motive of pulling or going out with them: you can't force anyone to fancy you or go out with you.

That's all I can think of right now.

ReputationRep:
    real players are also a bit to smooth to write out their problems on an iternet student forum

ReputationRep:
    why did my posts get removed??.. i was only try to help,now thats gratitude for you..

ReputationRep:
    Friend to girlfriend is actually a really effective way. You've just got to be careful that you don't cross the line. I was one of my boyfriend's best friends for years. xx

EDIT: Although you probably don't want to take years.

ReputationRep:
    im surprised.
    Maybe you're a bit in-your-face for some peoples liking.
    are you interesting too talk too? actually you're probably going to say yes to that...

ReputationRep:
    he's not responsible for the bombings u guys. take it easy... :p:

ReputationRep:
    it does seem that the only reason you can't get a girl is because of the impression you give. It might be a mistake to "look" for a girl, cos the right person should really just sort of turn up as such. If the girl you want is someone to have a relationship with, you wont find it if you attract anyone for a random pull, cos that is only what those types of girls would want you for.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.