Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As the school year is coming to an end (although most of us have already been off for a couple of weeks now) I was wondering whether anyone's school had had an awards evening and whether anyone had won anything?

I've just been back from my school's awards evening because a was nominated for the "Oliver Tailor" Award, an award to remember a form student who raised lots of money for charity and sadly passed away. 21 people were nominated and the winner got £250! I didn't win though .

Oh well, at least I got a certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, well, I'm Tennis City Champion at present, I went through the season unbeaten. Was chuffed. I played in a squad with three other girls, so we won the school's "Best Sporting Team" award for the year. That was quite fun.

Erm, but we haven't got our upper school awards evening until next year, in the sixth form. However, I did win the coveted award of "Funniest Girl" in my year (voted for by the school year group itself), that was quite fun. (To be published in the Year Book!) And I came second for the "Cleverest Girl" and third (or second can't remember) for the "Sportiest Girl" award.

ReputationRep:
    I've won a few academic ones in the past, we have the big year 11 leavers awards in October I think so I reckon there will probably be a number given out there...

ReputationRep:
    yeh our big awards evening is first thursday in December,thats when we get our gcse certificates too.

ReputationRep:
    Our awards evening is sometime in the new school year, when we're in year 12. I doubt I'll have been nominated for anything though.

ReputationRep:
    lol in my school we always have a junior prizegiving for the younger school such as (1st year to 3rd years) usually won prizes from that and have some sporting achievements from school such as playing camogie and football for them over the last 5 years i have been in my school xoxo

ReputationRep:
    We had a "presentation ceremony" in the December after our GCSEs and I won a Humanities award. There's also one in December this year for me for A-level awards. Doubt I'll get anything this time! I got a couple of AS prizes, but they are more minor lol.

ReputationRep:
    We had an awards/prize giving session on the last day of school. I got six awards. I got the School Drama Cup, Senior Ebglish Awards, Senior French Award, Senior Maths Award (don't know how the hell i got that since i am not the best studet in my year!), Achievemnet Award for my class, and finally the Head Boy Award. A lot of standing ups and sittings downs i say, lol!

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    Sorry! I ment 'English' Award!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry! :rolleyes: I meant 'English' Award!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe! I had to get up loads of times at the AS one (well, 4). Two of the awards I got (General Studies - how cool?! and Geography) were right after each other but I still went and sat down and was called back up again! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Yep, well, I'm Tennis City Champion at present, I went through the season unbeaten. Was chuffed. I played in a squad with three other girls, so we won the school's "Best Sporting Team" award for the year. That was quite fun.

Erm, but we haven't got our upper school awards evening until next year, in the sixth form. However, I did win the coveted award of "Funniest Girl" in my year (voted for by the school year group itself), that was quite fun. (To be published in the Year Book!) And I came second for the "Cleverest Girl" and third (or second can't remember) for the "Sportiest Girl" award.
    ooo congrats for winning your tennis competition. i love tennis, but i havent won anything.lol.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know yet; our awards (''Privegiving'' event isn't held until December each year. Usually there are prizes for each year group for effort, attainment and community as well as other subject-specific ones. I have been the receipiant of these in the past,but who knows what the time ahead has in store.

ReputationRep:
    we dnt hav an awards day... :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauncouldstone)
    Don't know yet; our awards (''Privegiving'' event isn't held until December each year. Usually there are prizes for each year group for effort, attainment and community as well as other subject-specific ones. I have been the receipiant of these in the past,but who knows what the time ahead has in store.
    were getting ours about the 2nd week we go back to school for GCSE and A level its usually in the evening and very classy lol!!! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    Hehe! I had to get up loads of times at the AS one (well, 4). Two of the awards I got (General Studies - how cool?! and Geography) were right after each other but I still went and sat down and was called back up again! :mad:
    At our GCSE awards day there was one girl that won so many that she just kept circling the stage (up the steps on the right, down the steps on the left, round the front of the stage and back) and at one point had so many that someone had to help her carry them.

DB

ReputationRep:
    I got two prizes. maths and english. We just get a £10 book token for each prize, meh...

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a lot of you are having your awards evening in the new school year then but well done to everyone who won something. I was suprised of the amount of people that didn't turn up to mine. Everyone who got a design award this year were absent and so were some of the people that had a chance of winning £250!

(PS - Thanks to whoever gave me positive reputation for this thread, even if I have no idea what giraffes have to do with it .)

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes! The awards ceremony!

We had that on leavers day.

I got 2 awards (pieces of paper). 1 for 100% attendance (woo), and another for "doing well" in a list of subjects.

Last year I got an award for art (a subject I don't even do).

There was 1 cash prize, and that was given to a chav.
    Errrr sorry, I mean "the person whose behaviour has improved the most over the year".

Great.

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 awards at my school.

They were for Art, Math, public speaking, and Duke of Edinbrough.

Thankyou

Amrou

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.