The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

devilbunny
At our GCSE awards day there was one girl that won so many that she just kept circling the stage (up the steps on the right, down the steps on the left, round the front of the stage and back) and at one point had so many that someone had to help her carry them.

DB

Hehe! There was a girl in my sister's year (year below me) that practically cleaned up at the GCSE awards :rolleyes:
Reply 21
xlouisedoll
Our awards evening is sometime in the new school year, when we're in year 12. I doubt I'll have been nominated for anything though.

same here i think...
We have 2 ceremonies - 1 academic and 1 dedicated sports evening, as we're now a "sports college". Sports was couple of weeks ago - won "most improved fitness" trophy and academic ceremony is usually around 2 weeks into new school year. Hope to get acknowledged at least once!! :smile:

Louise_1988
I got two prizes. maths and english. We just get a £10 book token for each prize, meh...

A £10 book voucher sounds great compared with our £4 boots giftcard.... :p:
We have an Awards Evening every year at the start of October where in each year group, there are prizes for each academic department and also Year Boy/Year Girl prizes. Awards for attendance and sport are given out separately in end of term assemblies. I won the Year 7 humanities prize, the Year 11 languages prize, a prize for my GCSE results and the Year 12 history/sociology prize. We get a certificate and an £8 book voucher for each prize.
Reply 24
I got 4 subject awards.

Latest