Turn on thread page Beta

What Would You Do If You Were Pregnant? watch

ReputationRep:
    That would be the worst thing ever! i dont know if i could have an abortion, because i think id feel really guilty. i couldnt have the baby and then give it to complete strangers. i also wouldnt be able to carry on at uni and do everything that i wanted if i had a baby. i really dont know how people make that decision. it must be so hard.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt have the baby. I am in no position, either financial or mentally to be able to care for a baby, Id rather wait until I feel I can give 100% of myself to caring for one.

I know around 15 girls who were in my year at school have now had babies, I think they are very brave to have gone through with it, but I dont envy them.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd keep it. But there's just no way in hell I want another one so I'm being extremly careful. I think you'd all be proud:

1 'raincoat'
    1 contraceptive pill per day
    1 serious fear of semen getting anywhere near my *bits*....

Yeah.... anyway.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'm exactly the same as you! (Contraception methods-wise)

And if I did get pregnant I'd a) be fecking unlucky and b) Have an abortion. I think I could cope better mentally with that than with bringing up a child. I'm just not ready to have a baby and there are so many things I want to do first before I have to settle down in that way. I also don't think I'd be strong enough to give it up for adoption, so abortion would be the way to go. I completely admire anyone who would be able to give up their life at a young age to bring up another person, and they'll probably make better Mums than I'll ever be. But I do not envy their position one bit.

ReputationRep:
    dunno.. adoption maybe because it'd make some people happy who probably wouldn't be able to have kids otherwise. Either that or not have the baby, i don't think i'd be ready for one for a loooong time!

Maybe when i'm 28-35?

ReputationRep:
    cry.i reckon my parents would make me keep it

ReputationRep:
    a baby? cool! hopefully it would be twins!

ReputationRep:
    How about a 'standing by gf's decision' option? I'd be bloody terrified if that happened to me at this age, but that doesn't mean I'd pressure someone to have an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    I would have to have it though i dont know if i would put it up for adoption or keep it. I dont think that i could cope with having an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    I would keep it, but my mum said her and my dad would have to look after it whilst I carry on my education. I don't plan on getting pregnant anytime soon though.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't keep the baby.

Simply cos I'm not mature - physically and emotionally - enough to be a mother. Neither am I financially capable of bringing up a child. And to have the baby and then put him/her up for adoption, where there's a huge risk of the child growing up all his/her life in an orphanage and never have a proper family - personally I think that's just selfish of me to let my child suffer for my own mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    I fi got pregnant, it would be a freak of nature cosidering i am male! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the relationship with the Mum/Dad

ReputationRep:
    I don't know really, seeing as I'm a guy, I don't understand how I can possibly concieve a baby! :confused:

But blissy :love:

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on how old I were and what I constituted a life to be. Having a kid at 17, is, contrary to anyone's belief, a waste of a life.

ReputationRep:
    I'd most likely go for an abortion, as I don't feel ready nor do I feel I can support a child. I know it wouldn't be an easy decision though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have an abortion.There is no way I have the money,time or well,skills to look after a child.I can barely look after myself thank you please.

ReputationRep:
    hell if i was pregnant i'd bloody panick, how the hell did that happen

ReputationRep:
    If I got a girl pregnant, I would do the right thing, stick by her, get married and settle down. I know some of you will say 'I don't believe it how can you do that' well, I believe in doing what's right and accepting the consequences of my actions. Also I am not the sort of person who sleeps with a girl unless I care alot for her any way so, for me it's slightly different than someone who just sleeps around.

ReputationRep:
    i'll have the baby and keep it, i would never abort.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.