Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ...Sprigged...)

(laughs heartily)

How ironic, coming from you!
    It appears that it isn't me that has the problem with thinking thing through, you seem to jump at everything I say and usually reach completely wrong conclusions.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you can't really say what you'd do until the situation arises, its all very well saying you'll never have an abotion but when it actually comes down to it you could find it your views changing.

ReputationRep:
    Im super maternal and i cant wait to have kids but first i want to go to uni, get my degree and get settled. iv already found the man i think im gona marry so that bit is sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    I assume you're talking about me, seeing as you were not intelligent enough to actually mention than in your post :stupid:
    Wow! That almost is remniscent of something I posted...

...with the abrupt one-liners, and avoidance of the questions at hand, I smell a troll.
    Abortion clinic are full of girls who thought they were "sensible" dear. And I said sorry because your reaction (backing away, refusing to talk about rape) made me wonder if you were raped.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That almost is remniscent of something I posted...

Abortion clinic are full of girls who thought they were "sensible" dear. And I said sorry because your reaction (backing away, refusing to talk about rape) made me wonder if you were raped.
    That really has nothing to do with you.

But the point of the main thread never even mentioned rape, so why bring it up? Its probably rare to become pregnant from a rape, but I know it can happen, and when it does then it much more conplicated emotionally than this thread is about, so it can't really be generalised, to be applied to the main focus of the thread, can it?

ReputationRep:
    That really has nothing to do with you.

But the point of the main thread never even mentioned rape, so why bring it up? Its probably rare to become pregnant from a rape, but I know it can happen, and when it does then it much more conplicated emotionally than this thread is about, so it can't really be generalised, to be applied to the main focus of the thread, can it?
    I'm throwing my hands up. I will not debate ignorance any longer.

Look, if your reaction to this thread is from a rape or anything of that sort, even it happening to someone you know, I am genuinely sorry, despite your rudeness and arrogance.

Have fun when reality hits. And be sure to send us a tape.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to offend, but the fact that you kept saying "lets not talk about rape" or "i don't want to talk about rape" kinda gave me the impression that you wanted people to ask...just saying :confused:

*Backs off and decides not to say anything else*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sash37uk)
    Don't mean to offend, but the fact that you kept saying "lets not talk about rape" or "i don't want to talk about rape" kinda gave me the impression that you wanted people to ask...just saying :confused:

*Backs off and decides not to say anything else*
    Eh? Reverse psychology from me? No I'm a straight talker lol hence the name, if I say I don't want to talk about rape, believe it or not it actually means I don't want to talk about rape. No offence taken though, why would I?!

ReputationRep:
    You should see her in D&D, ...Sprigged...

And on-topic, if I were female I would have an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    I don't know what I'd do. I think I'd just tell the girl I'd stand by her choice and support her regardless of what she did. They have to make a pretty important choice under an incredible amount of pressure, and I doubt the hormones and stuff are going to be helping any more. So I'd hate to make things things worse, and irrespective of my beliefs, its her body, and her choice.

However, if she was having an abortion because she couldn't/wouldn't support a baby, I'd assure her that I wouldn't back out. and that I'd take care of the child by myself it came down to it. So if it actually came down to me ending up with the kid, and both of us going our separate ways leaving me to look after it, I'd stick by what I said before.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be because of any moral imperative, but I couldn't deal with the guilt, so selfish reasons really.
    Aw...That's nice. All boyfriends should be like you

ReputationRep:
    I'm throwing my hands up. I will not debate ignorance any longer.

Look, if your reaction to this thread is from a rape or anything of that sort, even it happening to someone you know, I am genuinely sorry, despite your rudeness and arrogance.

Have fun when reality hits. And be sure to send us a tape.
    Ignorance? All I said was that Blissy initially asked what would you do if you found out you were pregnant, after a slip up with your partner, how would you react if your partner found out she was pregnant, etc. You have to understand that rape isn't just the same run of the mill finding out your pregnant, its completely different and so you can't really compare them. Thats all I'm saying, if you disagree and think that pregnancy resulting from a loving relationship and pregnancy resulting from rape are the same and can easily be compared, then please let us know. And thats not sarcasm, I am geniunly interested how you can't see the differences.

ReputationRep:
    If I got a girl pregnant I would support her completely of course, it's the only decent thing to do. I'd support any decision made on her part.

ReputationRep:
    Ignorance? All I said was that Blissy initially asked what would you do if you found out you were pregnant, after a slip up with your partner, how would you react if your partner found out she was pregnant, etc. You have to understand that rape isn't just the same run of the mill finding out your pregnant, its completely different and so you can't really compare them. Thats all I'm saying, if you disagree and think that pregnancy resulting from a loving relationship and pregnancy resulting from rape are the same and can easily be compared, then please let us know. And thats not sarcasm, I am geniunly interested how you can't see the differences.
    still doesn't cover the fact that you were completely ignorant in assuming that you were 'too clever' (*snigger*) go get pregnant at this stage, even though no contraception is 100% effective.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say- I think I'd have to discuss it with my boyfriend, as I disagree with the view that it is all up to the woman- it depends on how he feels about it. I think we'd come to the conclusion of an abortion though as neither of us are financially or emotionally ready to support a child and we both would resent it for ruining the good futures we have ahead, in education and careers etc. Also, his parents would be VERY unwilling to accept me or it and I'm not sure about mine- it's just not the life I want for my first child.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that I and a lot of other people here are too intelligent to get pregnant. You know, we use condoms, are on the pill/injection, etc. I've used just the pill for almost four years (with long-term partners), and I've never got pregnant. I take it at the same time every day, even though you can miss a day and it's still effective (I read this recently!). So I would say that *I* and the other protection-using girlies here, are too sensible and intelligent to get pregnant, it's just the damn protection that fails.

Hence, if you use protection correctly, and you get pregnant, you're not stupid. Just ****ing unlucky.

Regarding rape, I would get an abortion regardless of when it was in life, then get the DNA from the foetus to catch and castrate who dared do that to me. But can we please stop talking about it now? There could well be people on here who it's happened to, who've stumbled on this thread and not known what we're talking about. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    I would say that I and a lot of other people here are too intelligent to get pregnant. You know, we use condoms, are on the pill/injection, etc. I've used just the pill for almost four years (with long-term partners), and I've never got pregnant. I take it at the same time every day, even though you can miss a day and it's still effective (I read this recently!). So I would say that *I* and the other protection-using girlies here, are too sensible and intelligent to get pregnant, it's just the damn protection that fails.
    You can take all the precautions in the world, but it can still happen...

to assume you couldn't possibly get pregnant because you're 'too clever' is in fact, extremely stupid, sure, if you took precautions and you still became pregnant, you'd be unlucky, but luck isn't based on intelligence...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the first option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    The first point being . . . make sure the feeling is mutual between both parties!

For an 18 year old girl - Get an abortion. It will ruin your life and adoption will be to emotional and you can expect failings in your grades.

Mind you, you can expect failings in your grades at any choice.
    For any girl in this position, I do sympathise as it might seem scary at first, but then pain turns to numbness, and numbness to emotion. Emotion normally leads on to a ruined relationship if one party can't 'take it'.

Word of advice . . . . pay to go private. It's fewer visits to the doctors and a lot less mentally challenging. The NHS will draw every bit of emotion out of you on the way.
    I'd much rather suffer 'failings in my grades' than kill my own flesh and blood. Some people's priorities are shocking :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    not. a. f*cking. clue.

I'm SO not in a position, financially or mentally to have a kid at the moment, i mean, most of the time, I still feel like a kid myself (yes, I know i'm 19, ahem ) I'm still at Uni, my girlfriend is also still at uni...at the other side of the country. But abortion? I dunno...I absolutely love my girlfriend...and I wouldn't want to kill something that was part of us, something we'd made...

I really don't know...which is why I hope I'm not in that position for a LONG while yet!

goes without saying I'd stand by her whatever, and wouldn't do a runner!

also goes without saying that i'd absolutely brick it...
    Nice post! Last bit made me laugh :p:

ReputationRep:
    i would keep the child. ideally i would like my children after i have been at uni though :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.