Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Erm, have you forgotten the several other posts I've made about the pathetic ******** you've been spewing? I have been thinking about the content of the posts, I just have a good eye for spotting crap in its many different forms
    That post really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, have you been drinking?

So you've made several other posts about my views, so really what you're saying is you don't agree with several of my opinions? Right, point taken so lets not make it personal, which it must be if you 'disagree' with everything I say. Oh and yes, I probably have forgotten about the thread you made on why you disagree with me, I'm afraid I'm not sad enough to follow up how people feel about me, I'm individual and don't feel the need to get everybody's feedback on my opinions, I'm not insecure enough.

Anyway, back to the thread topic (if that's ok with you 'F.Poste'?) If anyone has any CONSTRUCTIVE things to say then fire away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    No I wasn't casting judgement on others, I was simply stating that I wouldn't be stupid enough, thats all! I've been educated on contraception, so I am intelligent enough to do as much as possible to prevent unwanted pregnancies. If people haven't been taught the facts then fair enough I can see that they might go wrong, its just these days, sex education is so important it would take a complete fool to go and have unprotected sex!
    OH MY GOD.

You're not intelligent enough to refute my points based on anything other than what you want to hear!

I am not arguing about whether it takes intelligence to use contraception or not. I am not talking about miseducation or failure to educate.

I've been talking about cases in which you are unable to use contraception, and in cases that contraception fails, and you have not been able to refute the validity of those arguments at all, you've only been able to go "don't talk about rape" and claim that you'd use the morning after pill.. which is a lame argument because what about people who don't know their contraceptive has failed? It's pretty bloody hard to tell when you're on the pill or any other kind of hormonal contraceptive. And what if you're away and don't have access to the morning after pill anyway?

I know I said before that I was going to stop arguing, and now I mean it. For ****'s sake. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I didn't make a thread about you. Good imagination you've got there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, back to the thread topic (if that's ok with you 'F.Poste'?) If anyone has any CONSTRUCTIVE things to say then fire away!
    nothing as constructive as your first post in this thread :rolleyes:

*cough*

ReputationRep:
    That post really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, have you been drinking?
    Made complete sence to me...maybe i'm **EDUCATED** enough to understand simple English....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    OH MY GOD.

You're not intelligent enough to refute my points based on anything other than what you want to hear!

I am not arguing about whether it takes intelligence to use contraception or not. I am not talking about miseducation or failure to educate.

I've been talking about cases in which you are unable to use contraception, and in cases that contraception fails, and you have not been able to refute the validity of those arguments at all, you've only been able to go "don't talk about rape" and claim that you'd use the morning after pill.. which is a lame argument because what about people who don't know their contraceptive has failed? It's pretty bloody hard to tell when you're on the pill or any other kind of hormonal contraceptive. And what if you're away and don't have access to the morning after pill anyway?

I know I said before that I was going to stop arguing, and now I mean it. For ****'s sake. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I didn't make a thread about you. Good imagination you've got there.

Sorry I didn't mean to say ONE thread you've made about me cos that's not what you meant, what I should have said was the SEVERAL posts you made based on my opinions :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Just wondering what people here [men can have their say too] would do if they [or their gf] had a slip up in the near future (so I'm assuming a time that isn't ideal and not planned). Putting aside emergency contraception, what would you do if you found out you were pregnant? At what age would you ideally like to have children and what would you do if those plans changed? Would your decision be influenced by who the father of the baby is etc etc?

I don't want this to turn into an abortion debate particularly, although I expect some of that will come into it.

I know a good number of girls who I went to school with who now either have babies or are heavily pregnant and it made me wonder about the topic.
    It depends. If I was pregnant now (I'm currently single so any baby I carried would be from one night stands / rape) I'd have an abortion. If I was in a stable relationship I'd talk to my bf about it because I believe that the father should have a say in this as well. However if I got pregnant anytime before I graduate, I'd still have an abortion as I don't think I'd be in a position to have a baby anyway. It wouldn't be fair on my mum should she end up taking care of my baby, and it wouldn't be fair on my baby either if it didn't get to see its mum much in the first couple of years of its life. And I myself am not ready to make sacrifices for a baby (yea I'm selfish this way). My mum's been working really hard to fund my study and I'd hate to see her heart broken, so giving up being a vet wouldn't be an option. I'd probably feel guilty for the rest of my life after the abortion but I guess that'd be something I'd have to live with.

It's my sense speaking at the moment but if I *really* was pregnant my emotions would probably take over and I might to something drastically different :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    You should see her in D&D, ...Sprigged...
    I'm afraid that I have.

Political disagreements I can see, but this is just plain logic.

This sort of behavior is straight out of the troll textbook.

ReputationRep:
    Ahem. Back on topic...

I feel odd admitting it, but if I was to fall pregnant now I would talk it through with my boyfriend but I'd only be going through the motions. I say that because I don't think he could change my mind - at this stage, I would certainly not want to have a baby and, although I do agree that it's partly the man's decision, I don't see any reason why a man should be able to dictate that a woman gives birth to a baby she doesn't want.

Luckily, my boyfriend doesn't want babies right now either, so it's not something I should be panicking about, but there's something morally slightly wrong about my own standpoint on this, and it makes me feel quite uneasy.

ReputationRep:
    'Have the baby and keep it '

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Made complete sence to me...maybe i'm **EDUCATED** enough to understand simple English....

That would be SENSE then...but of course you're **EDUCATED** enough to know that :rolleyes: :stupid:

ReputationRep:
    Can people *glares* stop arguing in my thread please?

ReputationRep:
    Can people *glares* stop arguing in my thread please?
    Not arguing...'bantering' is what the mods call it when other people disagree with me. When I disagree with them on the other hand, I'm given a warning :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've been educated on contraception, so I am intelligent enough to do as much as possible to prevent unwanted pregnancies. If people haven't been taught the facts then fair enough I can see that they might go wrong, its just these days, sex education is so important it would take a complete fool to go and have unprotected sex!
    Straight Talker, after reading all of of this thread I have seen you have made some valid points. However if you are going to make out you're a "straight talker" you have to understand that some things you say make you sound arrogant, therefore refrain from saying them if you don't want this to happen.
    Also if you believe you are a "straight talker" you have to understand what offends other people and that if you say offensive things then people are going to retalliate, so don't act so shocked when people argue against your points. If you were as intelligent as you make out you are, I'm sure you would have left this arguement by now.
    Its not intelligence that causes you to use and know about contraception it is general knowledge. I'm sure people that aren't "intelligent"(such as barbie in your avatar) know how to use contraception and understand the consequences if they do not use it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I thought I'd bump this as my brother's wife gave birth tonight and I'm still undecided about what I would do. Hopefully not going to happen (taking precautions) but still...

A lot of people mention how their "head" is in opposition to their hearts of their morals/conscience. Is abortion always an uneasy decision?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I thought I'd bump this as my brother's wife gave birth tonight and I'm still undecided about what I would do. Hopefully not going to happen (taking precautions) but still...

A lot of people mention how their "head" is in opposition to their hearts of their morals/conscience. Is abortion always an uneasy decision?
    Aww Auntie Blissy! Congratulations! :hugs:

Niece or Nephew?

As for my, I'd definately have the baby, I was told when I was 18 I might not be able to have kids so it might be my only chance I couldn't get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have an abortion. And it's not just an "oh look at me I'm so selfless screwing up my higher education to do the 'right' thing" reason. I do disagree with abortion (in most cases), even though at my age it would be so tempting, especially if it was early enough to be just a case of taking a pill (i know it's more grisly than that but still..). However, it's also cos if I had an abortion, I just don't think I would ever get over it. I adore children and in my mind I wouldn't feel I deserved to have one ever if I just got rid of a perfectly innocent 'baby' (debatable) now cos it was the wrong time. My conscience, in my opinion, would screw up my future more than having a baby would.

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwight66)
    why should i waste my money with a girl i never intend to see again?
    This has to be a windup.

If it's not then what an arrogant ignorant waste of space you are.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin's girlfriend got pregnant at 17. The little boy is 1 next month. As silly as this sounds, it was, apparently, because of a huge moral problem she had with her religion. Strongly catholic = no contraception. However it also means abstinance I know.. But my cousin apparently can be very... Persistant. Anyway. They obviously kept the baby, moved in together, and are planning on marrying and have another child within the next 2 years. He works every hour that he can, she has had a year off work with her baby. They live in a pathetic little caravan, in my nans garden. But you know what? I don't think I've ever seen a couple as happy, or a mum so loving. I don't think age and money really affects the kind of life a child will really have.

Me, personally, I'd have to keep it. When people talk so easily sometimes about aborting a child (and I can't say that many people do) it enforces my opinion of "if I'm mature enough to have sex, I'm mature enough to be a mother". My ex used to scare me a bit, because at 19, he was desperate for a child, mainly due to his poor upbringing and terrible father.. But yeah, anyway...

ReputationRep:
    this might sound weird as a guy but when i see a baby i would run to hold em i love kids, so would definately keep the kid. haha i was upset today when my niece (5 months) had to go home with my sis today early, I hadn't seen her for a week.

ReputationRep:
    if i got myself knocked up now i would be devastated

but i dont know what i would do

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.