Turn on thread page Beta

What Would You Do If You Were Pregnant? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ritually sacrifice it to satan at birth

Seriiously, well in order to avoid the huge moral issues I think the ebst option should really be have it and then give it to adoption if you really cnat cope... ehresd plenty of couples who are after them

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely keep the baby In fact, I would love to have on right now, but I wouldn't really be able to support it at the moment and ideally, I think I would want it when I'm about 24/25. Not much later though.
    But even if I had gotten pregnat at 16, I think I would have still kept it. The only reasons for me to ever have an abortion would have to be rape or a one night stand that turned out wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd have it since having an abortion is immoral in my opinion.

The following is thus the moral alternative:

I'd drop it off at the father's house, run for it like the wind, change my name and address and then ignore the two for 18 years until the child is no longer legally dependent on me. Then once the child is grown up, I might introduce myself as Mom--depends on what it looks like and how intelligent it is though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    What Would You Do If You Were Pregnant?
    Probably, sue.

ReputationRep:
    I'd keep the baby

ReputationRep:
    i cant answer this cos i seriously dont know what i would do. i wouldnt want a baby right now, definitely not. but if i was pregnant i might feel differently so i may not want to abort the baby.

id like to have a baby when im in my late 20's/ but life neevr turns out the way u plan it so who knows. but id rather not have a kid before im 26/27 at least!

karen x

ReputationRep:
    Cor blimey...i've just read all the posts on this topic and OMG!!! So, first things first...

(Original post by Dwight66)
    i got a girl pregnant once, but tbh i dont see that it is my problem. Besides, i dont even know her anymore.
    You are a complete waste of space!!! You are selfish, arrogant, pig-headed and don't come across like you have a brain whatsoever! What i'd like to know is did this girl keep the baby??

Ok next...this whole argument between "straight-talker" and the rest of the forum...

I can see good points from both sides of this argument. Unfortunately, "straight-talker", what you said in your first post came across as arrogant. I know exactly what you were saying but you just worded it wrong so i dont think everybody should be having a go at her for that. It all seems to of got too personal and nasty which has to stop!

To "straight-talker" though, you're not stupid if you get pregnant as long as you took all the right precautions. If you didnt bother about condoms and pills etc as u thought it wouldnt happen to you, then to be honest, its your own fault. You shouldnt of said you were too "clever" to not get pregnant cos it did come over quite snotty and arrogant but i did understand what you were trying to say.

To everyone else on the other side of the argument, when "straight-talker" said she didnt want to talk about rape then you really should of left it. Yet you kept on and on. You don't know her history so you should of just left it. Bringing all the spelling mistakes etc etc into it is just petty and silly if u ask me. However, i do see your side of the argument as well. You can protect yourself using everything in the world but u could still get pregnant, that is just unlucky as at least u know u did ur best. Doesnt make u stupid.

Think thats all i have to say for now.

Karen x

ReputationRep:
    Lord knows. If I feel how I feel about it now, I'd have an abortion.

But I might feel totally different if it comes to going to the clinic and getting it done...

never thought about is:s:

ReputationRep:
    Forget the subject of pregnancy...lets divert all attention to why people don't think before spreading their legs and why they seem to forget that there are sexually transmitted diseases. It's all real!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharlaq)
    Forget the subject of pregnancy...lets divert all attention to why people don't think before spreading their legs and why they seem to forget that there are sexually transmitted diseases. It's all real!!!
    We're not even talking about promiscuity! What about people who are in loving, long-term relationships - can't they get pregnant by accident? How about married people - can't they? Just because someone gets pregnant doesn't mean they've been spreading their legs and their diseases to anyone who'll buy them a vodka. Jesus Christ.

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely amazed at how many of you would have abortions. I wonder whether you would actually go through with it if you really did get pregnant or whether you'd feel differently...

I only found out today, but apparently having an abortion can sometimes mean you can't have another kid

ReputationRep:
    Chill out! Gollies ...Why do people get so touchy when that is mentioned. Anyway ... agreed its specifically for people in relationships and so on but my last statement is for those who aren't taking proper precautions, having risky sex and then become pregnant. Thats just a reminder of the realities life throws at you without offending anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharlaq)
    Chill out! Gollies ...Why do people get so touchy when that is mentioned. Anyway ... agreed its specifically for people in relationships and so on but my last statement is for those who aren't taking proper precautions, having risky sex and then become pregnant. Thats just a reminder of the realities life throws at you without offending anyone.
    Well, I don't think you need to remind anyone that having sex without precautions sometimes results in babies. I think we're all quite aware of that. It sounded to me like you were accusing anyone who's ever had sex of being a ****.

(Original post by Coombe)
    I'm absolutely amazed at how many of you would have abortions. I wonder whether you would actually go through with it if you really did get pregnant or whether you'd feel differently...

I only found out today, but apparently having an abortion can sometimes mean you can't have another kid.
    Yes, it does sometimes, but I think the chances are very very remote and, as far as I know, it only really happens in cases of surgical abortions because you've got someone messing around with your insides, so if they make a mistake it's not good. Can someone back me up on this, or have I just made it up? I'm not sure... :s:

As for your point about the people who would have an abortion, I think in most cases people who would be prepared to have an abortion have many very good reasons for doing so. A lot of thought would go into it and, while an abortion would be scary, I think most women would go through with it because they've weighed up the options and made their decision.

And don't forget, some women just haven't got much of a mothering instinct and don't like kids, so it wouldn't affect them emotionally as much as it would affect other women.

If I were pregnant I would definatly have the baby, although people say a baby ruins their life and career, it really doesn't it just depends on what you make of it.

If I got pregnant now I would keep the baby take a "gap year" as such then start my A Levels again, but seeing as I would have so much free time on my hands waiting for the baby I would start a small online business and do a distance learning Alevel. If I got pregnant during the end of alevels I would take a gap year, do a distance learning alevel (full one in 1year) and start a small online business, then go to the closest university so I wouldn't have to move and do a law degree.

ReputationRep:
    keep it like
    i have done already innit
    and i dont regret it at all neva would

ReputationRep:
    i cant imagine having a baby, but i think if i got pregnant and it came to that decision i wouldnt be able to have an abortion. i know theres no excuse anymore with pregnancy being an accident because birth control is so easily available but i really respect girls who do decide to keep their baby because they havent taken the easy way out of a situation they got themselves into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_munchkin)
    i cant imagine having a baby, but i think if i got pregnant and it came to that decision i wouldnt be able to have an abortion. i know theres no excuse anymore with pregnancy being an accident because birth control is so easily available but i really respect girls who do decide to keep their baby because they havent taken the easy way out of a situation they got themselves into.
    yes but birth control isnt 100% effective like its been said over and over again in this thread. so accidents can always happen. its just whether uve done the best u can to prevent it as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I'd sue my doctor for preventing me from getting my tubes tied for the last ten years, apparently i'm not mentally sound enought to take away my own fertility untill i'm 30+ because i don't know my own mind yet!! DOH

ReputationRep:
    Phone the police to find out why, I'm a guy you see.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.