The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Foe, it ruined my whole week.
One of the horrid little minions of the ultimate foe that is winter.
Reply 22
Snow is a friend. The ice it has turned into, on the other hand, is most definitely a foe.
vickylicious
This is a research based thread in which replies may be included anonymnously in my upcoming dissertation. Posts will be taken as proof of consent for permission to use as research data.

If you could add your gender and age, that would be really useful too! For legal reasons, please do not post anything if you are under 18.

Thanks! :smile:

:snow::snow::snow::snow:, sorry, voted for Friend, THEN I read that you couldn't vote if your below 18... I'm 14 :facepalm:
Foe, because it turns into ice and makes it impossible to get anywhere. :frown: It's not snowed for a few days and my road is a still an ice rink.

Female, 18.
Reply 25
Female, 25, FRIEND! :smile:
is friend because its fun and only very rarely happens, it also looks really amazing

and its also funny because of all the people getting afraid and try and rush home from work for no reason and cause havoc on the roads which then means people moan and complain because of their actions causing the problem in the first place,
foe- sure it's nice to look at from inside, but it's soooo cold! I can't even go outside for 2 minutes without my feet turning to ice blocks, never mind thinking about having any fun
Also, snow ends up turning to ice, which makes me fall over :frown:

Female, 18
Reply 28
friend-gives a reason to why you cant make it into college
Female,18
FOE ... caused arguments between me and my ''boyfriend''. - female, 19
friend, it's fun and the only exciting thing that happens in my area
Nice to look at, but for travelling it's a foe.

Male, 17.
Madmandanxd
Snow is a friend :biggrin:.

now ice, ice is the foe :P. ice is evil.

this in a nutshell. but i very very rarely get any down here :frown:

Male-17 (nearly 18 :p:)
This year i missed the snow and saw only ice :frown:. I didn't fall over though *phew* :biggrin:.
Foe, because being housebound when all the buses stop and the pavements are terrifying is rubbish. It's not even that much fun, as you just end up cold and soaking wet and fed up.

18, female.
depends

soft fluffy snow - friend
icy snow - foe
Foe. Female, 20. People go "omg snow" like 5 year olds but I don't see why cold wet stuff is so wonderfully fun. And it goes black and sludgy before long. But I have had fun in the past making snowmen. And scallies throw it.

Latest

Trending

Trending