This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Did anyone watch or listen to the arsenal vs WBA match. Firstly it's brill that Arsenal won! Secondly, after the 1st half, the 4th officicial was injured, and there wasn't a back-up official. The match couldn't go on until an official was found. Luckily, Dermot Gallagher was sitting watching the game in the stands. So he was fetched to step into the previous 4th official's place.So much for his day off. Also, at the end of the match, there must have been a communication mixup, ans although Dermot held up 2 minutes added time, the ref went on for 4 minutes added on time.
Sza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Did anyone watch or listen to the arsenal vs WBA match. Firstly it's brill that Arsenal won! Secondly, after the 1st half, the 4th officicial was injured, and there wasn't a back-up official. The match couldn't go on until an official was found. Luckily, Dermot Gallagher was sitting watching the game in the stands. So he was fetched to step into the previous 4th official's place.So much for his day off. Also, at the end of the match, there must have been a communication mixup, ans although Dermot held up 2 minutes added time, the ref went on for 4 minutes added on time.
LoL I would have loved to have watched that...(!)
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Sza)
LoL I would have loved to have watched that...(!)
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that a bit into the 2nd half, the ref went off the pitch, though luckily it was just for cramp, and he went back on. The commentators were a bit worried that it could be serious, but the ref signaled that he would be ok. But I would have liked to see what would have happened if the ref was injured. I wonder if there were any other refs in the stand. And also, Dermot didn't have an official's kit on, and just had a suit. Now that would have been a major crisis!
Sza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that a bit into the 2nd half, the ref went off the pitch, though luckily it was just for cramp, and he went back on. The commentators were a bit worried that it could be serious, but the ref signaled that he would be ok. But I would have liked to see what would have happened if the ref was injured. I wonder if there were any other refs in the stand. And also, Dermot didn't have an official's kit on, and just had a suit. Now that would have been a major crisis!
HaHaHa
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (156)
45.48%
Take exams next summer (52)
15.16%
Change uni choice through clearing (81)
23.62%
Apply to uni next year instead (38)
11.08%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.66%

Watched Threads