Turn on thread page Beta

Ref crisis! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch or listen to the arsenal vs WBA match. Firstly it's brill that Arsenal won! Secondly, after the 1st half, the 4th officicial was injured, and there wasn't a back-up official. The match couldn't go on until an official was found. Luckily, Dermot Gallagher was sitting watching the game in the stands. So he was fetched to step into the previous 4th official's place.So much for his day off. Also, at the end of the match, there must have been a communication mixup, ans although Dermot held up 2 minutes added time, the ref went on for 4 minutes added on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Did anyone watch or listen to the arsenal vs WBA match. Firstly it's brill that Arsenal won! Secondly, after the 1st half, the 4th officicial was injured, and there wasn't a back-up official. The match couldn't go on until an official was found. Luckily, Dermot Gallagher was sitting watching the game in the stands. So he was fetched to step into the previous 4th official's place.So much for his day off. Also, at the end of the match, there must have been a communication mixup, ans although Dermot held up 2 minutes added time, the ref went on for 4 minutes added on time.
    LoL I would have loved to have watched that...(!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sza)
    LoL I would have loved to have watched that...(!)
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add that a bit into the 2nd half, the ref went off the pitch, though luckily it was just for cramp, and he went back on. The commentators were a bit worried that it could be serious, but the ref signaled that he would be ok. But I would have liked to see what would have happened if the ref was injured. I wonder if there were any other refs in the stand. And also, Dermot didn't have an official's kit on, and just had a suit. Now that would have been a major crisis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add that a bit into the 2nd half, the ref went off the pitch, though luckily it was just for cramp, and he went back on. The commentators were a bit worried that it could be serious, but the ref signaled that he would be ok. But I would have liked to see what would have happened if the ref was injured. I wonder if there were any other refs in the stand. And also, Dermot didn't have an official's kit on, and just had a suit. Now that would have been a major crisis!
    HaHaHa

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.