Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is an really interesting question that I'm just really interested to know of the reasoning behind the people that cause such terror as I refuse to believe purely that they have been 'brain-washed'.

Do terrorists want to destroy the west?

Revenge for Iraq?

Do muslim terrorists really want to kill anyone not muslim?

If any of these are true... how is killing of innocent people going to achieve constructive. The only thing it causes is panic, anger and fear. Do terrorist really want panic, anger and fear???

Murdering innocent people with no reasoning or warning is the worst thing you can do as a human and in the end of the day achieves nothing

ReputationRep:
    Pie. They hope to achieve pie. Tasty pie for everyone. Toffe apple and pecan pie, served hot, with cinnamon icecream. That's what the terrorists want.

But really, I would assume that different groups want different things. Some might want to bring down the infrastructure of a target nation/culture by disrupting their way of life through fear and destruction. Others may seek to draw people's attention to something through a shocking event, i.e "We will blow up this stuff to get the attention of the media, and now that we have it we will tell you about this stuff that you wouldn't otherwise care about."
    Some might be hoping to use it as a threat, or to bring about change. Arguably the September 11th attacks resulted in changes to the US way of life, the bringing in of new laws and such.

ReputationRep:
    at the core its the conversion of everyone to islam.

even they know thats ludicrous, so they just kill innocent civilians and shout crap like "we hate the american!"

ReputationRep:
    I think that we kill their ppl indirectly, by saying "oh we wanted to kill the terrorists not the poor ppl", , and they kill our ppl without aiming on something else.. because the dont have that much power to fight a war with the British or US army.. i think its revenge, and nothing else..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)

even they know thats ludicrous, so they just kill innocent civilians and shout crap like "we hate the american!"
    lol this is quite funny.. religion is a problem and the British ppl r not that stupid to convert from one problem to the other..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)

Really? What about McVeigh, the IRA, Aum Shinrikyu, the ETA, or any other non-Muslim group? I'm pretty sure their terror attacks have little or nothing to do with Islamic coversion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revenged)
    This is an really interesting question that I'm just really interested to know of the reasoning behind the people that cause such terror as I refuse to believe purely that they have been 'brain-washed'.
    It's interesting how you say that people think they are brain-washed.. when these days, it seems more likely that we are the ones being brain-washed...

Would any sane person resort to terrorism if they could solve their issues using the current system...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirjava)
    It's interesting how you say that people think they are brain-washed.. when these days, it seems more likely that we are the ones being brain-washed....
    Why are we being brain-washed?! Haven't got a clue what your point is...

Would any sane person resort to terrorism if they could solve their issues using the current system...?
    So, according to what your saying, when ever some can't resolve something it's fine to resort to terrorism and murder innocent people!!! face it, there is no justification for such actions. Terrorism solves nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Terrorists hope to achieve...well...terror.

Have they won?

Yes. In some small way.

(I know they havnt achieved their main objective...whatvever that may be...but nobody even knows WHO did it for sure, so guessing their motives is impossible...)

When these people cannot achieve their aims through the existing political systems, they feel so strongly that they feel that they must achieve them through other means. In this way, it's a little like direct action forms of protest, except as well as raising awareness for their cause, they also want to create fear in the population of the consequences if these are not carried out. It is indeed true that, could these issues be resolved using the current system, there would be no need for terror, but I do not for one second pretend that this is possible.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.