Turn on thread page Beta

Please Help Me Calculate My Percentage! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me what 30 out of 1183 is as a percentage please, thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    why dont you work it out yourself for gods sake!

ReputationRep:
    because I dont know how else i wouldnt be asking here ......... ?

ReputationRep:
    2.5%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    because I dont know how else i wouldnt be asking here ......... ?
    how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    what you cant work it out even with a calculator?

ReputationRep:
    2.535925612848689771766694843617 9 %

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    2.535925612848689771766694843617 9 %
    thats a bit to vauge for me

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's not the result of an exam you did!

ReputationRep:
    Ollie I dont know the process to work it out, and what has my age got to do with it apart from to use it as a case to mock me ?

I'm sorry for posting, I must remember not to post on a UK LEARNING forum when i need sum help next time.

PEACE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    thats a bit to vauge for me
    i would say the error was about +/- 27 %

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    i'm feeling nice so i'll show you how to do it (but i do agree with all of the above)

30/ 1183 * 100

=2.5 (ish)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    Ollie I dont know the process to work it out, and what has my age got to do with it apart from to use it as a case to mock me ?

I'm sorry for posting, I must remember not to post on a UK LEARNING forum when i need sum help next time.

PEACE

We gave you the answer didn't we? You do 30/1183 then * the answer by 100 to get your percentage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)

PEACE
    ok, my apologies, i was under the assumption that users here range from an age where percentage is taught.

i wasnt mocking, just suprised

ReputationRep:
    Yes and thanks , I just think its very poor show from a moderator.

I was asking a simple question and recieved a totally pointless reply followed by a reply of what my age is. Whats even the point in clicking on my post if your just gonna reply with totally useless drivel ?

PEACE

ReputationRep:
    I suggest that you read a simple maths text book to make sure you understand everything. I'm sure that they'd give good explanations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    Yes and thanks , I just think its very poor show from a moderator.

I was asking a simple question and recieved a totally pointless reply followed by a reply of what my age is. Whats even the point in clicking on my post if your just gonna reply with totally useless drivel ?

PEACE
    Still, look on the bright side. You got the answer you were looking for!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and I appreciate that :-)

Just had a bad day and am up doing coursework now to actually try and pass my maths GCSE, its not fun to get slapped down by someone when your already pretty p***ed off and uncomfortable about maths as it is.

Anyway I will go now ;-)

PEACE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    Yeah and I appreciate that :-)

Just had a bad day and am up doing coursework now to actually try and pass my maths GCSE, its not fun to get slapped down by someone when your already pretty p***ed off and uncomfortable about maths as it is.

Anyway I will go now ;-)

PEACE
    hey look serious, if your doing maths gcse you need to know that.

take your answer, divide it by what it was out of and x 100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)

PEACE
    lol good speech. im da same, b4 i make a thread i have to think to myself ' is this an intelligent enough question to ask on ere'.
    working out percentage is nothin ta do wiv intelligence - just education

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.