Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey every1!! has any1 got their KS3 (SATs) results yet? if you dont, do you know when we wil be getting them? thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think the schools have been told but it hasn't been passed onto the pupils yet.

ReputationRep:
    I would've thought you'd have them by now...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure - It has been two years since I did the SATs exams, so can't remember, but I believe that they were given to schools atthe beginning of June. Usuauallyyou will receieve the levels along with teacher-assessments in your end of your report - that is what happened with us if I remember rightly. Perhaps ask your teacher what's happend to them and try not to worry.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't recieved them yet the reason is probably 'cause they're waiting for a subject to come back..I know the English ones take much longer than Maths and Science to mark - our English results held up us recieving the others.

ReputationRep:
    We got our science and maths ones today! Yay... A level 7 and 8... I'm happy... But we won't get our English ones till the end of the month, they'll get posted to us.

ReputationRep:
    my brother literally got 100% in KS3 SATS science. He should have done E.P. paper, oh well.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't do EP when I did SATS, we were the first year group that weren't able to do it (they withdrew it).

ReputationRep:
    I just got my school report card, and the maths english and science grades wernt in it! im raging, i dont wanna sound geeky but i wonder should i call my school and ask when they wil be sent out, anyways, when you all get your results, post them here,

ReputationRep:
    lol your peoples schools are slow, from asking the y9s they all have their results back, i remember we got our results after our end of yr exams so that was aboout middle/end of june-ish. lol i had to think back far then (2yrs lol)

ReputationRep:
    the extension paper for science was not really 'hard', it was more annoyin! you had to gve loooooooooong answers for little marks.! the first question was on Lithium, easy anough finding out what period and how many protons in it and all, but then it gave you really stupid question fs!! my sci teacher told us that Teir C makes you think more, more details for less credit i guess. the thing that rly annoys me is that you have to get over 108 marks in your first two tests for the extension to be even takin into acount! so even if u get full marks in you EP, it wont matter if you get a crap score for the first two test
    thank God theres not an EP for maths and english!! lol

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, there was at a time, an extension paper for English and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i did the maths extension.

still ended up with a level 7 though, one or two people in my year managed 8's.

ReputationRep:
    i used to be rly rly rly good at maths, like best in class n all that, but now im better at english, its weird the way you change...

ReputationRep:
    I got a 7 in the science and 8 in the Maths, I got about 99% in the science apparently, why our school don't let us do Extentions is beyond me!

English, is my fave subject, so I hope that I get a 7 in that too. I think I did OK in the wriring task.

ReputationRep:
    What counts as the "extension paper"? Nobody in my school was entered for it in Science, and about half the year for English (I was the only person to get an 8; nobody got E.P. but I think it was still possible to do so), but I hadn't even heard of a Maths one. There were about six people in my year that got entered for the 6 - 8 paper in Maths (me not being amongst them) but is that an extension paper?

ReputationRep:
    no its not, are you sure its not papers 4 & 5, because thats the highest we were told of. I done papers 3 & 4, which were easy enough, its jus that the last part of paper 4 was hard. you may mean that they were entered for the papers that can get them a level between 5 and 8 or wat eva the levels were, but we were told there is only an extension paper 4 science...
    I jus found out that im not getting my results until the middle of August i have to wait that long!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    the extension paper for science was not really 'hard', it was more annoyin! you had to gve loooooooooong answers for little marks.! the first question was on Lithium, easy anough finding out what period and how many protons in it and all, but then it gave you really stupid question fs!! my sci teacher told us that Teir C makes you think more, more details for less credit i guess. the thing that rly annoys me is that you have to get over 108 marks in your first two tests for the extension to be even takin into acount! so even if u get full marks in you EP, it wont matter if you get a crap score for the first two test
    thank God theres not an EP for maths and english!! lol
    Wow! It's amazing how easy the EPs for SATS are these days! Did they seriously ask you, what group is Lithium in? Without even looking at a ptoe I can tell you: Gr. 1, Pr. 2 :eek: For GCSE I learnt the Atomic and Mass numbers, symbols, groups and peroids, electronic configurations and common bonds/ions for about 40 elements from the ptoe! And they gave us a bloody pote in the exam! :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    Wow! It's amazing how easy the EPs for SATS are these days! Did they seriously ask you, what group is Lithium in? Without even looking at a ptoe I can tell you: Gr. 1, Pr. 2 :eek: For GCSE I learnt the Atomic and Mass numbers, symbols, groups and peroids, electronic configurations and common bonds/ions for about 40 elements from the ptoe! And they gave us a bloody pote in the exam! :banghead:
    lol, wel the rest of the exam was rly hard, believe me, there were only 6 ppl in our skool hu were doin it this yr, and the teacher left the hall 4 lyk 5 seconds n we all zd at the same tym that it was rly hard, rly difficult questions that had to have long answer for lyk 1 or 2 marks, URGG!!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    lol, wel the rest of the exam was rly hard, believe me, there were only 6 ppl in our skool hu were doin it this yr, and the teacher left the hall 4 lyk 5 seconds n we all zd at the same tym that it was rly hard, rly difficult questions that had to have long answer for lyk 1 or 2 marks, URGG!!!! lol
    The invigilator left you on your own in the hall during an exam! :eek: LOL! Just out of interest, if you can remember, what sort of questions did you get? Did you by any chance get a question on blast furnacing or neutralisation? That came up in my EP paper 2 years ago and I remember finding that quite tough.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.