Turn on thread page Beta

Heya everyone!

Does anybody know approximately what the grade boundaries are for GCSE Music?

I know they change every year, but does anybody know what they were for last year (on the Edexcel course)

Because I'm predicted A/A* and I want to know what I roughly need to get to achieve it.

Thanks
    Michelle xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelle R)
    Heya everyone!

Does anybody know approximately what the grade boundaries are for GCSE Music?

I know they change every year, but does anybody know what they were for last year (on the Edexcel course)

Because I'm predicted A/A* and I want to know what I roughly need to get to achieve it.

Thanks
    Michelle xxx
    Bloody high is the answer.

I did it when I was 14 and apparently it was 93% for an A*, this was AQA.

I had all the official boundaries at the time, 145/180 for an A? Something like that. Then 129 for a B.

Just ensure you get 100% in your compositions and try for it in your performance. It's not difficult but requires a ton of work. That way you can afford to slip up slightly in the Listening test.

Throughout secondary school, I felt Music was really patronising for those who'd already had lessons but must've been tough for those starting afresh. But the way GCSE Music is done it must be impossible for those without external tuition to hit the top grades; Grade 4/5 standard's needed to hit the top marks for performance.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.