The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Why were you accepted at Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Warwick etc??!

Scroll to see replies

slimjim
i went onto their online tracking system, and it said you have a conditional offer. i nearly fell off my chair! Then the next day i got a letter, although it said on the internet it could take up to 28 days to get the letter. But if you go tho thei website you can get on the online tracker if you have your applicant number, then it says if you are being consider, accepted etc

same here...they don't send out emails for conditional offers i think...28 days is too long...
and it's still just 25th...16 more days to go before i panic :smile:

hey...what all does the conditional offer say? does it give everything in much more detail than the online tracking system or repeats the same words?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 81
mostly the same, about what you have to send back etc. There is a graduate admissions pack which is quite useful, has accom info, forms, faq etc. Also you get a couple of 'certificates' saying you have been accepted, i guess to prove it to banks etc, still was a bit like a school sports day, might frame one...
Reply 82
Hi..flyingkolors ...I am packing UK and all... I have got final offer from Duke university..engineering management(finance) and hopeful of ms&e finance and economcis in stanford.both programs are for tech people so will better suit me..congrats for lse .....I think USA has better job opportunities.
slimjim
mostly the same, about what you have to send back etc. There is a graduate admissions pack which is quite useful, has accom info, forms, faq etc. Also you get a couple of 'certificates' saying you have been accepted, i guess to prove it to banks etc, still was a bit like a school sports day, might frame one...

i got the official offer letter!!! but there was a slight mistake in the offer letter - instead of saying that the program ends on 30 june 2007, it says 30 June 2008 :frown: - i sent a mail telling them that..

also slimjim, yours was also a conditional offer right?

After saying "this is to certifiy that XXX...holds this conditional offer...", did it anywhere list out the conditions? It mentioned the conditions in an offer letter but it said nothing about them in the certificate....my problem is that i might need it to enter UK early and attend teh summer school...i should find out..
rahulocaty
Hi..flyingkolors ...I am packing UK and all... I have got final offer from Duke university..engineering management(finance) and hopeful of ms&e finance and economcis in stanford.both programs are for tech people so will better suit me..congrats for lse .....I think USA has better job opportunities.

that's great rahul!!! congratulations!! i hope you make it into stanford as well...US sure has better job opportunities...
Reply 85
on the covering letter it had what i needed to do listed in bullet points - get a 2:1, send a transcript etc! there wasnt anything on the certificate though.

I've asked to defer and they said they would reply within a week which is today and they still havent!! Let's hope i get something today!!
slimjim
on the covering letter it had what i needed to do listed in bullet points - get a 2:1, send a transcript etc! there wasnt anything on the certificate though.

I've asked to defer and they said they would reply within a week which is today and they still havent!! Let's hope i get something today!!

ok...but why do you want to defer??!!

i've sent in my acceptance letter today, along with financial undertaking form and a copy of the degree certificate certified by a british council representative..

is it only me, or is everyone feeling as anxious as i am about everything working out well..

i think i will feel comfortable only after i am registered in lse..
Reply 87
I know what you mean about being anxious! I just want to know if they have let me defer and if not get everything sorted!!

Basically it's for financial reasons, I'm already £10,000 in debt from my undergrad degree and the course fee is £12,500 plus living etc so i was hoping they would let me defer so i could earn the money to pay for most of it, if not i'm going to have to be very nice to my parents for the next few months!!
slimjim
I know what you mean about being anxious! I just want to know if they have let me defer and if not get everything sorted!!

Basically it's for financial reasons, I'm already £10,000 in debt from my undergrad degree and the course fee is £12,500 plus living etc so i was hoping they would let me defer so i could earn the money to pay for most of it, if not i'm going to have to be very nice to my parents for the next few months!!

yeah, very true...although i don't have any debt from my undergrad degree, the more than 16000 tuition fee +living costs is enough burden on my shoulders...

but considering that you'll earn all that within no time once you come out of lse (i guess), it's not a big deal...

as for me, I just have to go now even if it means taking a very big risk financially...there's no alternative..
Reply 89
Hey,

congrats to all of you who managed to get an offer.
I've applied to Oxford (Financial Economics), Cambridge (MPhil Finance) and LSE (MSc Accounting&Finance/Finance&Economics). I already have an offer from St Andrews (MSc Finance).

My Stats:
GMAT 700
IELTS 8.5
German university
Bachelor Degree in International Management (all grades >90%), with a significant number of courses in finance
1 yr. German army
4 yrs. work experience at an MNC (Commercial Project Management for major power plant construction contracts)
managed to get two decent references
lots of social activities, etc.

would you put your money on me getting an offer from Oxbridge or LSE?
Reply 90
Zerocool I am in a similar situation although I have only applied to the MPhil Finance at Cambridge. Not willing to shell out 22000 pounds for the oxford one (more point in getting an mba later down the road imo), and have not heard too much about st andrews.

Let me know when you hear anything from the schools.

Ciao
Reply 91
good to know that someone is in the same position hm82...:smile:

what do you think your chances are of getting an offer?
what are your stats?
any other pending applications?

I'll let you know if I hear anything! Let me know, too-
Reply 92
Here are my stats;
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=170803

As to my chances, I applied quite late and hence might not make it in. Fingers crossed though!
Reply 93
your stats are quite impressive...if you don't get in, than I won't either!:wink:

You applied to MSc Management at LSE...i will apply for that course, too, if i get rejected for my first two choices! unfortunately you can't apply for three programs at the same time

what do you want to do afterwards? management consulting, IBs, MNCs...?
zerocool
your stats are quite impressive...if you don't get in, than I won't either!:wink:

You applied to MSc Management at LSE...i will apply for that course, too, if i get rejected for my first two choices! unfortunately you can't apply for three programs at the same time

what do you want to do afterwards? management consulting, IBs, MNCs...?

lol, i doubt there is place for you by the time you apply for management. good luck for your finance choices.
Reply 95
you might be right, but if i don't try, i'll never know...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 96
YYeeeehhaaaa!!!

I just received an e-mail from Oxford saying that I'm invited for an interview for the Master in Financial Economics...

Does anyone know anything about the postgrad application interviews at Oxford?

How many applicants are invited in relation to available places? (Considering that there are only 8 individual interview dates at several places throughout the world, it can't be a lot more than maybe 200 interviews)

What kinds of questions do they ask?
zerocool
YYeeeehhaaaa!!!

I just received an e-mail from Oxford saying that I'm invited for an interview for the Master in Financial Economics...

Does anyone know anything about the postgrad application interviews at Oxford?

How many applicants are invited in relation to available places? (Considering that there are only 8 individual interview dates at several places throughout the world, it can't be a lot more than maybe 200 interviews)

What kinds of questions do they ask?

me too!!!!!!!!! congrats to you and me!!

i also have the same questions on my mind...and i doubt if there are many people who'll be able to answer our questions since it's a very new programme..

so when are you attending the interview??!! i'm thinking of attending it in delhi on march 7th....which one's better? - telephonic or in-person??
i hope march 7th is not too late..
Reply 98
SWEET!!!

I plan on attending the interview session March 3rd in Oxford...

I'll let you know via this thread if I find anything about the interviews.

What are your stats?
You can find mine above...

What do you think your chances are?
Reply 99
hey flyingkolors,

by the way, when did you receive your interview invitation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending