Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My teeth are fine. I have no fillings, never had any taken out etc. Ive always had sugar free stuff you see :cool: I just brush them twice a day and that keeps them white and shiny and stay on the sugar free stuff

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, teeth. Ever since I can remember, whenever I've been to the dentist, she's always complimented me on my immaculate, white, straight teeth. But the last time I went I was told that I need to come back to have my teeth re-enamelled, which requires an injection. This will happen next Thursday.. *weeps*

ReputationRep:
    never had any fillings, and i only brush my teeth once a day. I have had braces for ages, hmmm, I don't take good care of my teeth. But I don't like fizzy drinks much :cool:

once my little sister needed 9 fillings in one go (baby teeth mind)

ReputationRep:
    ive only got one lil filling..and i go to the dentist every 6months..ah the joys of going to the dentist....

oo totally irrelevent but...as its a medicalish thread, I'll ask this...what happens when you go to uni...do you have to change your gp to someone local or...??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keano)

oo totally irrelevent but...as its a medicalish thread, I'll ask this...what happens when you go to uni...do you have to change your gp to someone local or...??
    Most unis have their own health centres, I think. At Sussex (a campus uni) there was one on campus. I assume most unis would have this, considering there could be 10000+ extra people coming to a town during term time, the normal doctors couldn't just take on this load.

ReputationRep:
    My teeth are a battle. I had a filling but it was on a baby tooth so fell out. I've been going to the orthodontist since year 5 and i am now in year 13! Mainly because my first orthodontist was giving out unneeded braces to get more money. It took the dentist two years to move me to the orthodontist that my mum had suggested in the first place. I then had to start all over again with a retainer, then fixed braces, and i've had retainers to keep my teeth in place for 1.5 years, but i keep forgetting to wear them and now i am noticing that my teeth are moving a bit and the orthodontist is gonna shout at me!

I've also had 3 big teeth taken out due to overcrowding. Otherwise my teeth are in good condition with no fillings!

ReputationRep:
    i have quite sensative teeth which is really annoying.
    I'm getting braces soon because they've removed a baby tooth. Why no dentist noticed it earlier i do not know. I am really paranoid about it though, even when my friends say they don't notice it. I feel people judge me and that they think i don't brush my teeth! Well it will be fixed soon, it's not the end of the world.

Orthodentists really piss me off! You have to wait bloody ages to get anything done!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good teeth considering I used to hate brushing them as a kid. No fillings and never needed braces. I did have one problem, a permanent tooth growing underneath a baby tooth which was kinda cool but the dentist pulled it out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any fillings, no wait, I have half a filling from when I chipped my tooth trying to eat a key (yeah don't ask) but apart from that they're fine!

I had a brace for almost 4 years, it was taken off and teeth were nice and straight, but then the moved back a bit so I'm pretty annoyed :mad: nothing major, but the tooth next to my front tooth is a bit back

ReputationRep:
    I have one filling but that wasnt my fault, problem with the enamel when it was made. I had a brace in the may when i was in year six, and had it taken off at the end of year 8 (woo). theres still a few gaps though. I got a stain on my front tooth due to tea consumption, but they can get rid of them

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.