The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I found out today that my Spanish prelim is on the 23rd of next month, but I'm in France from the 20th to the 24th :woo:
I need to do it myself when I get back :frown:
Reply 41
Higher physics is on the 29th. After maths a couple of days before, I think it will be welcome.
Reply 42
bex285
I found out today that my Spanish prelim is on the 23rd of next month, but I'm in France from the 20th to the 24th :woo:
I need to do it myself when I get back :frown:

On the upside you'll be able to get some of the answers. :colone:
Reply 43
namedeprived
On the upside you'll be able to get some of the answers. :colone:

My teacher told the others they'd have to take an oath in blood not to share the answers with me, no joke :rofl:
Reply 44
bex285
My teacher told the others they'd have to take an oath in blood not to share the answers with me, no joke :rofl:

:rofl:

I'm sure you won't need to be given the answers in any case, you'll do great!
Reply 45
namedeprived
:rofl:

I'm sure you won't need to be given the answers in any case, you'll do great!

Aw thanks :p:
Thing is, it'll be after 4 days of speaking French, so I'll probably still be in French mode! :sigh:
Reply 46
bex285
Aw thanks :p:
Thing is, it'll be after 4 days of speaking French, so I'll probably still be in French mode! :sigh:

I was just thinking that.

:pierre: :france:

Mais d'un avantage, ton séjour à Strasboug t'aidera pour ton examen avec l'examinateur externale en Mars ou Avril.
Reply 47
namedeprived
I was just thinking that.

:pierre: :france:

Mais d'un avantage, ton séjour à Strasboug t'aidera pour ton examen avec l'examinateur externale en Mars ou Avril.

Ah, bien sûr, c'est vrai! :yep: mais peut-être mon examen espagnol sera avant de mon examen français :woo:
Meh. Fingers crossed :p:
bescientific69
super scared about higher english prelim, if we fail, we get moved down to int 2... and i'm only doing four highers anyway so i can't afford to be moved back!!

Dude,chillax-there is always sixth year(you sound like you are in fifth year) if not then you can always do your higher english in college.
Reply 49
Results so far: Quite pleased with them, especially since they were the things I thought I did worse in.

AH French - 42/50 for reading, 32/40 for writing, 15/30(:p:, and even then I was lucky to get that many) for listening = 89/120 overall, which is just about an A.
AH Chemistry - Multiple choice - 33/40
namedeprived
Results so far: Quite pleased with them, especially since they were the things I thought I did worse in.

AH French - 42/50 for reading, 32/40 for writing, 15/30(:p:, and even then I was lucky to get that many) for listening = 89/120 overall, which is just about an A.

Nice one! :smile: I have french tomorrow, revision started today...and even then it's just not happening :p: Also, I'm hating the pegged marks on writing/speaking...it's ridiculous how easily you can drop a grade!
Reply 51
namedeprived

Told you you'd have done well! :biggrin:
And that's really good for Chem too :eek:
Reply 52
lilhunni_jo
Nice one! :smile: I have french tomorrow, revision started today...and even then it's just not happening :p: Also, I'm hating the pegged marks on writing/speaking...it's ridiculous how easily you can drop a grade!

:ditto: I told myself that you can't really revise for French.

Yea I've always thought that for writing and speaking they should bring in intermediate marks between two pegged marks. There's quite a lot of variation between them and a lot of people will perform such that they should get a mark of say 36 (between 32 and 40).

Good luck tomorrow.

bex285
Told you you'd have done well!
And that's really good for Chem too

Thanks. :smile:

96% for Maths. :biggrin: To be fair the prelim wasn't too difficult.
Reply 53
namedeprived
:ditto: I told myself that you can't really revise for French.

Yea I've always thought that for writing and speaking they should bring in intermediate marks between two pegged marks. There's quite a lot of variation between them and a lot of people will perform such that they should get a mark of say 36 (between 32 and 40).

Good luck tomorrow.

Well done on getting great marks, especially in Maths. Poor Ape :p:
Reply 54
namedeprived

Jeezo! :woo: That's amazing!
Reply 55
Gawd, some of you have had prelims already?! :s-smilie:

I plan to start studying seriously around the start of feb. Please please please No P&N or Perfect Papers :frown:
Reply 56
namedeprived

namedeprived

Well done! If I was a lesser human being, I'd say that you disgust me. Instead, I bow to your superior knowledge.
LuhLah
Gawd, some of you have had prelims already?! :s-smilie:

I plan to start studying seriously around the start of feb. Please please please No P&N or Perfect Papers :frown:

Are they notoriously bad?
My physics teacher has been bleating on about how much of a stonker our Higher prelim is compared to last year.
The median mark from a perfect paper he 'adjusted' was 33% :s-smilie: .
Reply 58
martin_mac1
Are they notoriously bad?
My physics teacher has been bleating on about how much of a stonker our Higher prelim is compared to last year.
The median mark from a perfect paper he 'adjusted' was 33% :s-smilie: .

I find them horrible. Our school used them for standard grade, and they contained a lot of out-dated content and it was terribly unfair.
Reply 59
My prelims start next Monday ( 1st Feb) and I still haven't started revising, Have I left it too late?

Latest

Trending

Trending