Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...like today, is it better to wear a top that is tight or loose? sorry, this may sound odd but i want to aavoid roasting as much as possible:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxbeef)
    ...like today, is it better to wear a top that is tight or loose? sorry, this may sound odd but i want to aavoid roasting as much as possible:P
    loose probably, lets the air in! lol, but tight stops warm air coming in..........dunno then

probably loose, tight would make u sweaty.

ReputationRep:
    thanks! heh

ReputationRep:
    Loose would be more comfortable I guess - particularly when you sweat. :rolleyes:

Of course best of all wear as little as possible - so shorts/ skirts etc. Then you wont have a problem anyway

ReputationRep:
    I have found that neither loose nor tight keeps me cool, so I'm just prancing around my room in a bra and floaty skirt! Much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    I have found that neither loose nor tight keeps me cool, so I'm just prancing around my room in a bra and floaty skirt! Much better
    only an option if you are at home though really :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Loose items will trap a layer of insulating air around your body. Ideally, sweat should evaporate and leave the body as quickly as possible. One should wear something that is well-fitted and made of a moisture-wicking fabric. Trademarks include Coolmax, ClimaCool and Drifit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Loose items will trap a layer of insulating air around your body. Ideally, sweat should evaporate and leave the body as quickly as possible. One should wear something that is well-fitted and made of a moisture-wicking fabric. Trademarks include Coolmax, ClimaCool and Drifit.
    Cripes. Will we be tested on that later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    Cripes. Will we be tested on that later?
    Don't forget, wear lighter colours too... Dark colours absorb the sunlight and it's heat whereas light colours repel this.

Test lasts for 1 hour, you may begin... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F170)
    Don't forget, wear lighter colours too... Dark colours absorb the sunlight and it's heat whereas light colours repel this.

Test lasts for 1 hour, you may begin... :cool:
    Very true. But when you are stuck at work all day and you have air conditioning, you don't have to worry about that

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends more on the material than whether it is loose or tight fitting. Cotton is the best, because it lets your skin breathe. A white cotton t-shirt that fits fairly closely but is not skin tight is probably the coolest. Also a white hat will deflect the heat of the sun away from your face and shade your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Loose, a tight t-shirt for example will just allow a build up of sweat, especially round the armpits and so forth. also it then keeps the sweat hugging your body which isn't nice

Its all about flip flops too.

ReputationRep:
    just wear a sarong with nothing else! thats what im doing today (i am at home mind)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    just wear a sarong with nothing else! thats what im doing today (i am at home mind)
    just shorts for me, had to come in as i was sweating and only laid down with a book!

ReputationRep:

ohhh veryy niice....

i think i'll go commando :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)

ohhh veryy niice....

i think i'll go commando :rolleyes:
    should've known you'd pop up somewhere as soon as some form of nudity is menchioned! lol

ReputationRep:
    should've known you'd pop up somewhere as soon as some form of nudity is menchioned! lol
    :p: yeah thats me .....i love the nakiness...

*coughPICTUREScough* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    :p: yeah thats me .....i love the nakiness...

*coughPICTUREScough* :rolleyes:
    if only...

i had a webcam or camera....lol

... get out of the kitchen? :s:

ReputationRep:
    Walk around without something on your feet however don't try it in public. very dirty streets. :p:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.