Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open days for both, and I'm totally stuck on which to apply to. I like Queens for the aspects of the bops and..yes..the supervisors too, but Christs just seemed so friendly and the accomodation appeared slightly better than Queens. Anyone want to add their input and help me decide which to apply to? Oh and I'm hoping to study medicine, I think Christs have a few more places for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    If they do, it's not many, and Christ's, while still making some EEE offers, also make some legendarily nasty offers including AEAs etc for Medicine. They do get fearsomely good results too though. Personally I'd choose Queens', as I'm a firm believer that if you work hard enough you'll do well anywhere, but it depends on your priorities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    If they do, it's not many, and Christ's, while still making some EEE offers, also make some legendarily nasty offers including AEAs etc for Medicine. They do get fearsomely good results too though. Personally I'd choose Queens', as I'm a firm believer that if you work hard enough you'll do well anywhere, but it depends on your priorities.
    It's something like 3 extra places. :p: Parties come quite high up in my priorities, so that's why I was leaning towards Queens. I found the porters not so helpful on the open days though.

ReputationRep:
    A teacher at my school told me she was talking to a girl from my school who went to do medicine at Christ's last year, and she said that in the weeks before exams the bar is closed and even TVs in the common room are banned. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm just curious, I'm not actually going to Christ's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    A teacher at my school told me she was talking to a girl from my school who went to do medicine at Christ's last year, and she said that in the weeks before exams the bar is closed and even TVs in the common room are banned. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm just curious, I'm not actually going to Christ's.
    the bar is closed through the two-week exam period, but to be honest everyone is working like mad then anyway so it doesn't make much difference - and they don't work like mad because there's nothing else to do due to the bar being shut! if you're really desparate for a bar then the college backs onto a whole street full of pubs, anyway. the tv room remains open through exams (how would we cope without lunchtime neighbours?!) the jcr has made a lot of progress with bar opening hours in exam term, and although they aren't perfect they're a lot better than they used to be.

ReputationRep:
    Queens' if you like ridiculous bops.
    Christ's if you're a workaholic.
    Seems to be the trend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Ellie)
    Seems to be the trend.
    thank you for that fantastic insight. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Ellie)
    Seems to be the trend.
    Queen's do have fantastic ents, but christs IS the nearest college to cindies. in fact it's pretty much opposite. 'nuff said.

plus, IMO, christ's is prettier. And i know some people there (lauren you might know ben?) who are ALWAYS out, i've seen them in formals, in cindies, on the river, everywhere.....and they still do very well. i guess it depends on the person. Christs might just impose a much stronger work ethic on people, thats all

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.