The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RamocitoMorales
Well, yes. They are real country after all, and they're certainly more real than what you all fight for.

Yes, but that's hardly a yardstick to go by. Just because Russia has better human rights than Burma doesn't mean it has great human rights. Do you see where I'm going here?

Oh really, how shall I look at it, through the news? The Western news which is controlling the masses and brainwashing an entire population. No thanks, and I don't plan on visiting Iran any time soon either. I don't think I could stand the place.

Start with Al-Jazeera their not exactly "western", look at different sources; Iranian and non-Iranian, right left and then weigh it up.

It has everything to do with being Pro-Western, everything! You were brought up and raised in London, I wouldn't expect you to have a clue anyway.
The west is irrelevant. It was the west that crushed Irans last democratic government in the 1950s. I may have been brought up in Bristol, but I dare say i have been to Iran more than you have.

Islam is a religion, get over it!

I know and I'm a Muslim. And so are a lot of those people protesting. Khameni is a medium ranking religious leader who was given the job and title of "supreme Leader" because no one else wanted it. And by the way stop spouting anti-Iranian, Arab taunts while proclaiming Muslim unity because that makes absolutely no sense. :s-smilie:

I'm really not going to waste anymore time.
Democracy
Iranians are (by and large) sick of religious rule.

And I'm sick of I******s, but you don't see me shedding blood for it.

Anyway, I'll be gone for an hour and a half, so could someone argue for me in that time? Thanks.
Reply 42
Casse
Then the situation in Iran seems to be the opposite to what is happening in a lot of the other muslim countries in the region who are becoming more islamic and conservative than before.

With this exception of Israel, Iran is the most different country in the region in most ways.
RamocitoMorales
That's because he was a puppet of the West and Iran was a puppet nation. It was a puppet regime and that could be argued as being one of the main reasons to why it was toppled.

If the current government is defeated, then Iran would just become a puppet of America again. That's the trouble with you Iranians, you don't know what you want..

Well that is your opinion and mine is that in our current world all the countries are the puppet of the USA so there will be nothing wrong if Iran also became one now that even the EU looks like a puppet.

You say Iranians don't know what they want, do you mean in this aspect or in every aspect, because in this aspect society is divided some want the Islamic government to be in power others want their voices to be heard and the true result of the elections to be shown. However, because this is not happening they are using force to obtain it which is something humans have always done or has a strong dictatorship ever been overthrown just by peaceful methods?
Reply 44
Ascient
With this exception of Israel, Iran is the most different country in the region in most ways.
I would include Turkey as being part of the region. Worth noting that they are the only two major countries in the region to have retained their sovereignty.
Reply 45
East is not west. Trying to force western Judeo-Christian concepts on a predominately Islamic Nation is silly.
Reply 46
This thread is ridiculous. And you're denouncing people's views because they live in London etc, you keep referring to Turkey but you also live in London.
Oh and you mentioned all these great empires, I've looked on a modern map but I can't seem to find any of them :s-smilie:. Ah well.
Reply 47
Ascient
What an offensive characterisation of Arabs. I completely forgot they were homogenous, each of them a terrorist.

Want to name some functional Arab democracies?

I was wrong on one count however, I should of said Arab Muslims - as it defines a culture more closely.
Reply 48
RyanT

How would that justify your racist characterisation of Arabs?
RyanT

Kuwait, Lebanon, Bahrain, Palestine....
Reply 50
Stfu OP s...t...f...u.

You don't even know you're talking about :rofl:
bigmo7
Stfu OP s...t...f...u.

You don't even know you're talking about :rofl:

Anything else to share, other than your personal frustration and petty insults?
Reply 52
RamocitoMorales
Anything else to share, other than your personal frustration and petty insults?

No I cba to argue with you. :yep:

That is all.
RamocitoMorales
You're like a bunch of anarchist teenagers who are bored of college.

No they are a people fed up of being :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: by the West under the Shah and Islamic facists under the Ayatollahs. Why do you seek to deny people fundamental human rights, like the ones you clearly enjoy?

Free Iran!
Reply 54
Ascient
There are none.

How does that justify your racist characterisation of Arabs?

Like I said, I was incorrect to use the phrase "Arabs". In my mind an Arab means an Arab Muslim - but I appreciate that other people here will think of Arabic as a race as they are more aware then I am of Arab Christians etc. It was a cultural reference - to the Arabic islamic culture.

Like I said - they have a different mentality and the OP starting points are derived from this imperialistic way of thinking. The OP is acting as if Iranians should be servants of Islam, that is more of an Arabic-Muslim way of thinking then an Iranian - as evidenced by the unrest.

An Arabic-Islamic way of thinking is that Islam is culture. Most other cultural regions in this world view religion as something shaped by culture. The OP implies that Iranians are stooges for not sharing his view that Islam is culture. My point was this person has been poisoned by the most evil export in the world - Arab Islamism.
bigmo7
No I cba to argue with you.

No, you can't argue with me.

Moe Lester
No they are a people fed up of being by the West under the Shah and Islamic facists under the Ayatollahs. Why do you seek to deny people fundamental human rights, like the ones you clearly enjoy?

I seek to deny people causing chaos. The Iranian people seek something which they will never have. They weren't happy with the Shah, they aren't happy with the Ayatollah, they won't be happy with anything other than the dreams they see in their sleep.

RyanT
Like I said - they have a different mentality and the OP starting points are derived from this imperialistic way of thinking. The OP is acting as if Iranians should be servants of Islam, that is more of an Arabic-Muslim way of thinking then an Iranian - as evidenced by the unrest.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I'm going to completely lose it if you compare me to an Arab again. Where are you from Ryan, what is your ethnicity?
Reply 56
RamocitoMorales
Kuwait, Lebanon, Bahrain, Palestine....

Three of the four deeply influenced by the west (Kuwait, Lebanon and Palestine) and the other a micro-state. That's an impressive list.
Reply 57
RyanT
X

You sound woefully narrow minded if you think every Arab is a Muslim and even more ignorant if you think everything Muslim has an imperialistic mindset.

And your earlier posts are still stereotyping every single "Arab Muslim".
Reply 58
RamocitoMorales
No, you can't argue with me.

lol no, you're not worth it...plus arguing with you is probably pointless anyway...
RamocitoMorales
I seek to deny people causing chaos. The Iranian people seek something which they will never have. They weren't happy with the Shah, they aren't happy with the Ayatollah, they won't be happy with anything other than the dreams they see in their sleep.

The Shah was thrust upon them and in desperation, and duped by lies they turned to the Ayatollahs. The Ayatollahs have killed, squandered, beaten up and bullied to cement their existance in Iran. What is your opinion of French revolutanaries? American patriots that fought the British? The English Civil War? Or those who toppled the communists in Europe? Sometimes to throw of the yoke of evil, despotic facists like those "ruling" Iran at the moment, civil disobedience, protests .etc. are the only way. Without revolutanaries in Europe we would not be the reasonably stable, functioning liberal democracies that we are today.

Latest

Trending

Trending