The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You again OP, do you have no life, bar hating on brothers?
Reply 21
Voluntas Mos Victum
Seems like conflict between communities to me, not because of radical groups creating a situation. Again, doesn't sound like it was caused by antagonistic groups or individuals, but rather competing communities from the lower classes of Britain.

Does everything have to be circular with you Voluntas? The articles you yourself quoted say that the riots where initiated and the tensions worsened by local groups, both criminal and agenda driven. Pointing to already existing ethnic tensions is like pointing to already existing politcal and religous tensions. Just because the tension is there doesn't mean it is going to erupt, that takes a catalyst, which almost always comes in the form of extremist minority groups like the NF/BNP/EDL/ML/IB etc..etc.. Tension will always be present between people, wether on a local street level, a national level or a global level. Simply pointing at it in the pursual of your own prejudice makes for an extremely poor and desperate argument.

Economic hardship is usually a contributory factor rather than a primary cause. On a micro level, perhaps the divided lower class communities of Britain now is a sufficent example?

Oh yes because it must be an ethnic thing that is to blame rather than hardship itself. What about the political divide which existed in the wheimar republic? Depression and econoic decline led to an eruption of left vs right violence which tore german society apart. You seek to 'cure' the ethnic division by getting rid of all ethnicities bar one. Would you advocate the same strategy to prevent political tension and violence? Would you deport everyone who believes in a certain ideaology until you only have one pure line of thought? If not then why?

Do you an example of a multicultural/multiracial society which has survived severe economic hardship?

USA, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Panama, Peru etc..etc..etc..
Reply 22
I thought I picked up my dog's POS outside so how is it on my computer screen?

Latest

Trending

Trending