Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)
    Bristol are weird.

I got an offer from them, for english, on the 5th of december. I know someone got an offer for the same course in early November. Other people i know haven't heard anything back yet. I wouldn't worry about it; it seems that Bristol just give offers out when they feel like it!
    Have you seen the accommodation at Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    uh.... no actually. I used to live in bristol though- does that count?

I got an offer from oxford anyway, so i'm not actually taking up a place at bristol, which is kinda sad, because it has amazing nightlife and stuff. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    I'm a first year medic at Bristol, if you want any info PM me and i'll be happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from bristol 1st december. ABC to study philosophy. Think i may take them up on it because cambridge rejected me - sob! What do you guys think i should do? bristol, durham or warwick?
    Thanks.

Dont worry if you havent heard from them yet. i too have heard they can be strange when it comes to making offers.

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Those Unis are incredible! But I would rule out Warwick because if you're looking for a night out, you aren't going to get one there
    Also, I wouldn't reccomend Durham because its nightlife is apparently a bit dead too. Bristol is the best of the lot, because its prestigious AND you'll have an amazing time while there! Also, their philosophy department is ace. I visited it at an open day and loved it

ReputationRep:
    yep, unconditional for english n early december. but a friend of mine (same school same course) was asked for a specially written essay sometime after to help them decide, and she still hasn't heard from them.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Bristol abt a a month and a half ago for accounting & finance, it was BBB, I was quite surprised i thought it would be higher !

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations ! So is that where you are going then ? I live in Dubai too !! Which school do you go to ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh really u live in dubai too, cool !! i go to dubai college, which course and universities have u applied to. I was also abt to apply to the university of sheffield but their entry standards were a bit low i thought, thats not to say its a bad university but ... n e way wherabouts do u live in dubai ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh how cool!!! I live in Dubai too!!!!

I got an offer from Bristol about a month ago to study maths with computer science... it was quite high (AAB). Since I got an offer from Oxford, I'll probably use it as my backup...

ReputationRep:
    I want to live in Dubai!!!!

I've been there twice on holiday, and I loved it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    I want to live in Dubai!!!!

I've been there twice on holiday, and I loved it!
    The weather can be really really nice, but the place isn't that exciting (atleast, not for people our age)... stick to coming here on holiday, coz then you'll always appreciate it. I was born here, and can't wait to leave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy)
    Has anyone (Oxbridge potential reject) got an offer from Bristol yet? Is it unlikely? I've already got the grades but haven't heard apart from a holding notification...(for history).
    hey finally heard from bristol, have an interview on 19th feb.got an offer 4 dentistry in cardiff!any1 else goin 2 cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    I got a rejection for Law
    I applied 2 Cambidge though.
    Any other oxbridge applicants got rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Some halls are really far away from the city centre - almost an hour's walk! That's the trouble with Bristol since everything is dotted all over the place.

I've declined my BBC offer from them.

J.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend got an offer for zoology from bristol and nottingham (unconditional-he already has 2A's and 2B's at A level and an A at AS) and that was in november-funny thing is, he wants to do vet science, but those were his fall back choices coz he got rejected last year and didn't want to find himself cascading down the proverbial sh*t creek if it happened again this year... and he didn't mention ONE thing about zoology in his personal statement, it was all about him wanting to be a vet! yet 2 really good universities are willing to let him in!
    so, try it...it might work for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherub_rock)
    my boyfriend got an offer for zoology from bristol and nottingham (unconditional-he already has 2A's and 2B's at A level and an A at AS) and that was in november-funny thing is, he wants to do vet science, but those were his fall back choices coz he got rejected last year and didn't want to find himself cascading down the proverbial sh*t creek if it happened again this year... and he didn't mention ONE thing about zoology in his personal statement, it was all about him wanting to be a vet! yet 2 really good universities are willing to let him in!
    so, try it...it might work for you!
    Has he got a place to read vet med? Ive just found out that Ive been offered a place at Bristol for vet med, and Ive also applied there for a zoology/psychology joint honours course.Let me know how hes got on this time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weirdo)
    The weather can be really really nice, but the place isn't that exciting (atleast, not for people our age)... stick to coming here on holiday, coz then you'll always appreciate it. I was born here, and can't wait to leave!
    You're right, dubai is a royal shithole, i just go to visit my mates. even then its nothing special

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBF)
    I got a rejection for Law
    I applied 2 Cambidge though.
    Any other oxbridge applicants got rejections?

hey...there are going to be loads of people with Cambridge rejections at least i hope so...coz i am one of them!!! which college did you apply to? i applied Caius for medicine...thought i will be clever and apply for the hardest one! it was all a JOKE..interview went great...and they let me know on the 31st Dec that they think i am academically able and would thrive at anywhere else i go, and i am toooooooooooo good for them!!!
    i got into Nottingham which according to many is better at medicine than Cam!
    anyways...!
    and i am waiting to hear from bristol, who have too many applicants and would like me to be patient...

ReputationRep:
    i have an offer from bristol, abc, although not for history but ancient history, which i imagine is a great deal less competitive, perhaps that is why i have heard but others for history haven't?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.