Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    theres a really small white part on my guitar which is circular in shape and is located inbetween the turning knob thing and the guitar it self on every string. This part snapped on one of the strings and i need to get s replacement. I was wondering what the piece is called and is it easy to replace it. Sorry for the dodgy description but im a guitar beginner

ReputationRep:
    im still now sure which part you mean but you might be on about the pickup selector switch, vibrato arm or the inlays:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    maybe this:

http://www.themusicedge.com/cutouts/...tar_cutout.gif

will help you tell us which bit is broken...

If not, then tell us the make/model of the guitar and we can find a pic of that

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to guess you're on about the little washer type thing that re-distributes the load of the pin the string gets wound around. Easiest if you take the guitar to your local luthier - not only will he know what it is, he'll know exactly how best to fix it.

ReputationRep:
    its the bit right below the tuning knobs, its really really small

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    its the bit right below the tuning knobs, its really really small
    do you know what it does?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    do you know what it does?
    i think it helps to tighten it, casuse as it is broken i can no longer tighten the strings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    i think it helps to tighten it, casuse as it is broken i can no longer tighten the strings
    You won't get that part anyway... you'll probably have to buy a set for the head. Is it like a little gear?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.