The Student Room Group

Self employment after school/college/uni

Hi, my name is Emma and I'm doing a project researching about students who are thinking about or actually are starting up a business. Has anyone on these forums got any comments or information which could help? I'd love to know if you've gone for information or advice anywhere-websites, companies, support agencies, forums, seminars, etc. Did you find them useful? If you were to start a business, what would be your worries, what would you want help with, what do you think would be a barrier to your success? Did you participate in Young Enterprise schemes at school or uni? Does your careers service mention self employment as an option or offer literature to help in this area? As a student considering self employment in the future, I'd be grateful for any comments.

Thanks, Emma
Reply 1
ive always wanted to be self-employed and run my own business but just figured i wanted to work in my chosen industry for a while to gain the knowledge/experience. So detailed/insight knowledge on the retrospective industry would be obv very useful. My boyfriend set up his own business (www.servercentre.net) at 17/18 (hes 21 now)- i'l ask him. Also if theres any questions you'd like me to ask him, just shout.

Latest

Trending

Trending